- 1 What is the response to Danke Schoen?
- 2 What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
- 3 What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
- 4 Why do Germans say bitte?
- 5 How do you respond to Willkommen?
- 6 Is Danke Dutch or German?
- 7 How do you politely say thank you?
- 8 How do you say thank you informally?
- 9 Is Danke rude?
- 10 What is the meaning of Danke Schoen?
- 11 What does Bitter shun mean in English?
What is the response to Danke Schoen?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
1. Danke — Thank you / Thanks. It’s not rude to use it even with people you’re less familiar with, but it doesn’t hurt to use a formal pronoun for them and say something like Ich danke Ihnen (I thank you).
What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
Danke and Dankeschön have the same meaning ( “thank you” ). But “das Dankeschön” means also a certain gestures of appreciation (for example a little gift, just to say “thanks” to someone).
Why do Germans say bitte?
In many ways, using the term bitte shows respect and politeness. For German speakers in new situations, bitte is a very useful word that may excuse mispronunciations and incorrect conjugations. On a more basic level, knowledge of bitte also allows you to (politely) order food, drink, etc.
How do you respond to Willkommen?
“Du bist willkommen” means ‘It’s good to have you here’. The best answer to the thank would be “ keine Ursache” (‘don’t mention it’), in northern dialect also the cute “da nich für”.
Is Danke Dutch or German?
Saying Thank You in Dutch It’s not impolite, but not formal either, and is the most widely used Dutch phrase by far. Dank is pronounced as written, but je sounds like “ya.”
How do you politely say thank you?
General Thank-You Phrases
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
How do you say thank you informally?
For these everyday, informal experiences, we can use a variety of expression to say thanks.
- Thank you. / Thanks so much. / Thanks a lot. / Thanks a bunch. / Thanks a ton. / Thanks!
- I really appreciate it. / You shouldn’t have.
- I don’t know what to say! / That’s very kind.
- You’re the best. / I owe you one. / You rock.
Is Danke rude?
“Danke”/”Bitte” is perfectly fine. It’s neither rude or weird, just less enthusiastic and a bit less formal than the longer forms.
What is the meaning of Danke Schoen?
: thank you very much.
What does Bitter shun mean in English?
Bitteschön is just the logical counterpart of Dankeschön which has derived as short form from Ich danke dir/euch schön, and that means I thank you very much. Schön is an adverb here in the sense of very. Schön is a typical form of politeness.