- 1 What is Dekuji?
- 2 How do you say please in Czechoslovakia?
- 3 How do you pronounce J in Czech?
- 4 How do you express love in Czech Republic?
- 5 What is the Czech word for beer?
- 6 How hard is the Czech language to learn?
- 7 What is your name Czech?
- 8 What is the sound of Ë?
- 9 How do you identify Czech language?
- 10 What is a correct pronunciation?
- 11 What language do they speak in Czech Republic?
What is Dekuji?
1- Děkuji. In Czech, the most simple way of saying “Thank you ” is: Děkuji. Děkuji is a verb, and the dictionary form is děkovat which in English will be translated as “to thank.” So literally translated, the word děkuji means “(I) thank.”
How do you say please in Czechoslovakia?
Basic Czech Phrases
- YES = ANO (ano)
- NO = NE (ne)
- PLEASE = PROSÍM (proseem)
- THANK YOU = DEvKUJI VAM (dyekooyi vam)
- GOOD MORNING = DOBRÉ RÁNO (dobrye rano)
- GOOD AFTERNOON = DOBRÉ ODPOLEDNE (dobrye odpoledne)
- GOOD NIGHT = DOBROU NOC (dobroh nots)
- HELLO = DOBRY’ DEN (dobree den)
How do you pronounce J in Czech?
Pronunciation of “j”
- teachmusic New Member. I need to know how to pronounce the following 3 Czech words: prozpevujte.
- Sova Well-Known Member. The “j” after a vowel is pronounced as a dipthonged “ee”: e.g. “ej” = long “a” (“eh-ee”); “uj” = “oo-ee”; “aj” = long “i” (“ah-ee”).
How do you express love in Czech Republic?
Some of the most common: miláčku (sweetheart), lásko (love), zlatíčko (little gold), drahý (dear), kočičko (kitten), princezno (princess), broučku (little beetle).
What is the Czech word for beer?
The word pivo means beer in Czech.
How hard is the Czech language to learn?
People often say that Czech is one of the most difficult languages in the world. An English person, however, might find Czech very hard because the grammar structure and words are very different to English. Our students are mostly English speakers and they know that learning Czech is not always a breeze.
What is your name Czech?
“What is your name?” in Czech What is your name? Jak se jmenuješ?
What is the sound of Ë?
Ë with diaeresis is the easiest case to deal with. The diaeresis (the two dots) signifies that the underlying “e” is pronounced as /ɛ/ (as “e” in “bet”, i.e. the open e), no matter what comes around it, and is used in groups of vowels that would otherwise be pronounced differently.
How do you identify Czech language?
The Czech and Slovak alphabets are really similar. To tell them apart, look for the tiny difference in the diacritic sign over the letter r – where Slovak uses ‘ŕ’, the Czech letter has a tiny hook: ř. Also, if you see the letter ů, it’s Czech.
What is a correct pronunciation?
Pronunciation is the way in which a word or a language is spoken. This may refer to generally agreed-upon sequences of sounds used in speaking a given word or language in a specific dialect (“correct pronunciation”) or simply the way a particular individual speaks a word or language.
What language do they speak in Czech Republic?
Jsi krásná. [ “You’re beautiful.”