- 1 What is another way to say shut up?
- 2 What does Ahuvi mean in Hebrew?
- 3 What does YOFI mean in Hebrew?
- 4 What do you say when someone sneezes in Hebrew?
- 5 What does Laila Tov mean?
- 6 What does the name Ahava mean?
- 7 How do you say Love in Aramaic?
- 8 What does Booba mean in Hebrew?
- 9 What does Yalla mean in Swedish?
- 10 What does Yalla mean Arabic?
What is another way to say shut up?
- button it (slang)
- pipe down (slang) Just pipe down and I’ll tell you what I want.
- put a sock in it (British, slang)
- keep your trap shut (slang)
- cut the cackle (informal)
- button your lip (slang)
What does Ahuvi mean in Hebrew?
Literally, “beloved” is the most common. Masculine – ahuv -אהובfeminine – ahuva – אהובה My love is ahuvi אהובי and ahuvati אהובתי respectively. There is another word me’ahev מאהב (femenine me’ahevet מאהבת) which means lover, but is less common when talking about one’s own lover.
What does YOFI mean in Hebrew?
Yaffe means “beautiful,” but the noun yofi – “beauty” – is used in Modern Hebrew to mean “Great!” You’ve probably heard your Hebrew teacher saying it when you get an answer right in class.
What do you say when someone sneezes in Hebrew?
The Torah Temima (Rabbi Baruch Epstein, 1860-1941) refers to Rashi’s comment on the Talmud that you say ” asuta”, “May you be healed”, when someone sneezes. According to the midrashic collection Yalkut Shimoni, someone who sneezes must thank God.
What does Laila Tov mean?
Boker tov / layla tov ( Good morning / night )
What does the name Ahava mean?
In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Ahava is: Dearly loved.
How do you say Love in Aramaic?
The meaning of Khuba is Love. This is the Aramaic language, what Jesus spoke when he was on earth. The meaning of Khuba is Love.
What does Booba mean in Hebrew?
” Buba is a Hebrew word for ”little doll’ ‘ and may have been the source of an affectionate term for a small grandmother; however, the similar baba is also used for ”grandma” in Russian and other Slavic languages, which makes the origin uncertain.
What does Yalla mean in Swedish?
Arabic (Swedish spelling of Arabic “yalla”) keff. bad, negative, broken and similar.
What does Yalla mean Arabic?
Yallah. Meaning “ let’s go” or “come on” and said when you want something to happen or someone to get moving, this is one of the most common Arabic words used.