- 1 What is the smell of rain called pronunciation?
- 2 What is the meaning of the petrichor?
- 3 Is petrichor a real word?
- 4 What are some wonderful words that you speak?
- 5 What is Selenophile?
- 6 Why is it called Vagitus?
- 7 What do you mean by Autophile?
- 8 Is Psithurism a real word?
- 9 What does Ereyesterday mean?
What is the smell of rain called pronunciation?
PETRICHOR | Pronunciation in English. 6
What is the meaning of the petrichor?
: a distinctive, earthy, usually pleasant odor that is associated with rainfall especially when following a warm, dry period and that arises from a combination of volatile plant oils and geosmin released from the soil into the air and by ozone carried by downdrafts Australian scientists first documented the process of
Is petrichor a real word?
The word is “ petrichor ”, and it’s used to describe the distinct scent of rain in the air. Or, to be more precise, it’s the name of an oil that’s released from the earth into the air before rain begins to fall.
What are some wonderful words that you speak?
Some situations are just too perfect for words, but these bits of lovely lingo will shorten that list ever so slightly.
- Petrichor. The scent of rain on dry ground.
- Eyesome. Easy on the eyes.
- Toothsome. Delicious.
- Jucundity. Merry enjoyment, delight.
- Salubrious. Good for the health.
What is Selenophile?
: a plant that when growing in a seleniferous soil tends to take up selenium in quantities greater than can be explained on a basis of chance.
Why is it called Vagitus?
From Latin vāgītus (“ crying, wailing” ), from vāgiō (“cry, wail”).
What do you mean by Autophile?
noun. A car enthusiast. ‘many autophiles objected to emissions control technologies’ ‘I have been an autophile all my life’
Is Psithurism a real word?
Psithurism, the sound of rustling leaves, is another word we can’t believe isn’t used more often. The word is imitative and ultimately comes from the Greek psithuros, “whispering, slanderous.” Another cool whispering word is susurrous, which refers to whispering or rustling in general.
What does Ereyesterday mean?
Ereyesterday meaning (obsolete) The day before yesterday.