- 1 How do you greet someone in Mandarin?
- 2 Is Ni Hao Mandarin?
- 3 Do Chinese shake hands?
- 4 What is ni hao ma?
- 5 How do you reply to Xie Xie?
- 6 What is Xie Xie in English?
- 7 Cantonese say Ni Hao?
- 8 How do you reply to Ni hao ma?
- 9 Does Niihau mean in Chinese?
- 10 What is wo shi?
- 11 How can I learn Chinese songs?
- 12 What’s your name in Chinese?
How do you greet someone in Mandarin?
12 Common Ways to Say “Hi” in Chinese
- 你好 | Nĭhǎo | Hello!
- 您好 | Nínhǎo | Hello (polite)
- 大家好 | Dàjiā hǎo | Hello everybody!
- 老师好 | Lǎoshī hǎo | Hello, teacher!
- 下午好 | Xiàwǔhǎo | Good afternoon!
- 晚上好 | Wǎnshànghǎo | Good evening!
- 早 | Zǎo | Good morning (informal)
- 喂 | Wéi | Hello (used when answering the phone)
Is Ni Hao Mandarin?
Ni hao (pronounced “nee haow”) is the basic, default greeting in Chinese. It is written as 你好 / nǐ hǎo.
Do Chinese shake hands?
Chinese may nod or bow instead of shaking hands, although shaking hands has become increasingly common. When introduced to a Chinese group, they may greet you with applause. Greet the oldest, most senior person before others.
What is ni hao ma?
你好! It means ” Hi!”, ” How do you do?”, ” Hello!” It is an everyday greeting and is used at any time, on any occasion and by a person of any social status.
How do you reply to Xie Xie?
不用谢 bú yòng xiè As we know, you should answer ” bu keqi 不客气” (you’re welcome) when someone said “xiè xie” to you. However, many Chinese answered “bu yong xie” instead. “bu yong xie” means “you don’t need to say thank you to me”.
What is Xie Xie in English?
Filters. (Chinese, colloquial) Thank you. interjection.
Cantonese say Ni Hao?
Non Time-Sensitive Hello in Cantonese. The universal greeting in Cantonese is 你好, which literally translates as “ you good.” Both of the syllables should be pronounced using rising tones, with the second tone slightly higher than the first.
How do you reply to Ni hao ma?
But how you respond people when they say to you “Ni hao ma?” (how are you?); It is pretty easy, just say ” Wo Hen Hao” (I am very good), Wo = I, Hen = Very, Hao = Good.
Does Niihau mean in Chinese?
Nihao, Ni Hao, or 你好 (Chinese: 你好; lit. ‘hello’) may refer to: Ni Hao, Kai-Lan, a Canadian/American children’s television show.
What is wo shi?
Wo shi= I am.
How can I learn Chinese songs?
15 Top Chinese Songs to Help You Learn Mandarin Faster
- 庾澄慶 – 快樂頌 Yǔchéngqìng – kuàilè sòng – The Happy Song.
- 宝贝对不起 – Bao Bei Dui Bu Qi – Baby I’m Sorry.
- 鄧麗君 Teresa Teng 月亮代表我的心 – The Moon Represents My Heart.
- 周華健 – 朋友 Wakin Chau – Friends.
- 隐藏乐队 – 在北京 – Hide the Band – In Beijing.
- Magic Power – Wo Shi Shei.
What’s your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, when you want to know someone’s name, you can say “ Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi? ” It means “what’s your name?” In this sentence, “jiào” is a verb, which means ‘be called”.