- 1 How do you wish Happy Birthday in Mandarin?
- 2 How do you say Happy wish in Chinese?
- 3 How can we say happy birthday?
- 4 How old are you in Chineses?
- 5 What’s a Chinese birthday?
- 6 What is your name in Chinese?
- 7 How do you say greetings in Chinese?
- 8 What is Happy birthday in Cantonese?
- 9 What is a unique way to wish happy birthday?
- 10 How do you say happy birthday to Bestie in unique way?
- 11 How do you convey your birthday wishes?
- 12 What does 9 mean in Chinese?
- 13 How do you ask a someone’s age in Chinese if they are over 10?
How do you wish Happy Birthday in Mandarin?
The easiest way to say “happy birthday” in Chinese is 生日快乐, or “shēngrì kuàilè” in pinyin. The first part of this expression is 生日 (shēngrì) which means “birthday,” and the second is 快乐 (kuàilè) which means “happy.”
How do you say Happy wish in Chinese?
生日快乐= (shēngrì kuàilè) = Happy Birthday. 祝 你生日快乐 = zhù nǐ shēngrì kuàilè= Wish you a Happy Birthday.
How can we say happy birthday?
Other Ways to Say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Have a fabulous birthday!
- May all your wishes come true!
- Many happy returns of the day!
- Many more happy returns!
- I wish you a wonderful birthday!
- Have a great one!
- Have a good one!
- I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic year to come.
How old are you in Chineses?
Chinese translation of ‘how old are you?’ 你多大了？ (nǐ duō dà le?)
What’s a Chinese birthday?
Chinese birthdays must be celebrated before or on the actual birth date. Belatedly celebrating a birthday is considered taboo. Depending on a person’s gender, certain birthdays pass without acknowledgment or require special handling. Women, for example, do not celebrate turning 30 or 33 or 66.
What is your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, we use the following question to ask someone’s full name. 你叫什么名字？ (Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?) What’s your name? If you want to ask this question with respect or at a formal occasion, you can say “请问你叫什么名字？ (Qǐngwèn nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?)
How do you say greetings in Chinese?
12 Common Ways to Say “Hi” in Chinese
- 你好 | Nĭhǎo | Hello!
- 您好 | Nínhǎo | Hello (polite)
- 大家好 | Dàjiā hǎo | Hello everybody!
- 老师好 | Lǎoshī hǎo | Hello, teacher!
- 下午好 | Xiàwǔhǎo | Good afternoon!
- 晚上好 | Wǎnshànghǎo | Good evening!
- 早 | Zǎo | Good morning (informal)
- 喂 | Wéi | Hello (used when answering the phone)
What is Happy birthday in Cantonese?
If you want to wish someone Happy Birthday in Cantonese, you can say ” Saang1 Jat6 Faai3 Lok6″ (生日快樂). 生 refers to “birth” and 日 refers to “day”.
What is a unique way to wish happy birthday?
“ Wishing you a day filled with happiness and a year filled with joy. Happy birthday!” “Sending you smiles for every moment of your special day…Have a wonderful time and a very happy birthday!” “Hope your special day brings you all that your heart desires!
How do you say happy birthday to Bestie in unique way?
Wishing you many more years of good health and prosperity. Thank you for living your life in a way that makes every day worth celebrating. Happiest of birthdays! Even though celebrations might look a bit different this year, you’re always the life of the party—over Zoom, and all.
How do you convey your birthday wishes?
20 Best Birthday Messages to Convey ‘Happy Birthday’ Wishes!!
- Our childhood memories are a treasure to me. I cherish each and every moment with you.
- Someone whom you can be yourself with, Someone who you can have pointless conversations with,
- Happy, Happy Birthday!
- Dear Buddy,
- Nothing but lovely moments.
What does 9 mean in Chinese?
The number 9 ( 九 jiǔ ) sounds like 久 (jiǔ) which means a long duration of time. Therefore, it represents longevity and eternality. Thanks to this symbolism, Chinese lovebirds often incorporate this number into romantic gestures (e.g., getting married on September 9th, offering 99 roses during an engagement, etc.). 3
How do you ask a someone’s age in Chinese if they are over 10?
We can use “你几岁？ ” to ask age when someone is a child or sometimes a teenager.