What is South Korea called in Korean?
South Koreans use Hanguk (한국, 韓國) to refer to just South Korea, or indeed the whole of the Korean Peninsula. North Korea is thus referred to as Bukhan (북한, 北韓; “North Han”).
How do you ask age in Korean?
You can also ask someone’s Korean age by using this question: 나이가 어떻게 되세요? (naiga eotteoke doeseyo?) How old are you?
What’s your name in Korean?
What is your name? 이름이 뭐에요? What is your name?
How do you apologize in Korean?
“Apology” and “Apologize” in Korean
- Formal (Please apologize) – 사과하세요. ( sa-gwa-ha-se-yo)
- Polite (Please apologize) – 사과해요. ( sa-gwa-he-yo)
- Casual (Apologize) – 사과해. ( sa-gwa-he)
What is the meaning of Molla in Korean?
April 10, 2012. MOLLA (몰라) means ” I don’t know.” This is informal so use this version towards friends and those younger than you. When speaking to the elders, always remember to add a “yo” at the end of “molla.” Mollayo.
What should I learn first in Korean?
The Korean Alphabet (Hangeul) The first thing you’ll want to do is learn the alphabet. The Korean Alphabet (한글 | Hangeul) is one of the simplest alphabets to learn, even if you are an absolute beginner. You can learn this writing system in a few hours with some simple lessons.
How can I speak Korean fluently?
7 Tried and True Ways to Teach Yourself Korean
- Master the Hangul. The 한글 or Hangul is the Korean alphabet.
- Invest in a Good Learning System.
- Use Flashcards.
- Join Language Exchange Communities.
- Watch Plenty of Korean Dramas.
- Listen to (or Discover) Your Favorite K-Pop Artist.
- Build Confidence and Vocabulary with Loanwords.
What do Koreans mean when they say talk casually?
When you speak causally it means you are comfortable with them like talking to a good friend. For example saying hello in Korean, the honorific way would be 안녕하세요 ( annyeonghaseyo ) while the casual way would be just to say 안녕 (annyeong).