- 1 How do you wish someone well in Portuguese?
- 2 How do you praise someone in Portuguese?
- 3 What does parabéns mean?
- 4 How do you say congratulations informal?
- 5 How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
- 6 How do you wish someone in Portuguese?
- 7 How do you greet a woman in Portuguese?
- 8 How do you say WYD in Portuguese?
- 9 How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
- 10 What is the meaning of Obrigado?
- 11 What is muito mean?
- 12 How do you write a congratulations message?
- 13 Can you say big congratulations?
- 14 What else can you say besides congratulations?
How do you wish someone well in Portuguese?
Perhaps the simplest and most common expression, “Parabéns” is for Portuguese what Bombril (a brand of steel wool) is for Brazilians. This word was born from the combination of “para” (to, for) and “bem”. If it isn’t clear, it literally means “for / to well”. That’s the expression we use when we wish someone well.
How do you praise someone in Portuguese?
1. Complimenting Someone’s Look
- Você é linda/lindo. (“You are beautiful/handsome.”)
- Que bonita(o) está hoje. (“You look good today.”)
- Você tem um sorriso lindo. (“You have a beautiful smile.”)
- Você é muito charmoso(a). (“You’re very charming.”)
- Você é estiloso(a). (“You’re stylish.”)
- Que gatinho(a)!
What does parabéns mean?
You say `congratulations ‘ to someone in order to congratulate them. Congratulations, you have a healthy baby girl. American English: congratulations /kəngrætʃəˈleɪʃənz/ Arabic: مَبْرُوك Brazilian Portuguese: parabéns.
How do you say congratulations informal?
Casual Exclamations to Congratulate Someone in English
- Congrats! That’s fantastic. (That’s fantastic news!)
- You did it! I knew you could.
- That’s awesome! Congratulations on a job well done.
- Cheers to you.
- Way to go!
How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
Greetings are often the first thing you cover when learning a new language—and in Portuguese, it’s no different.
- Bom dia/Boa tarde/Boa noite — Good morning/afternoon/night.
- Olá — Hello.
- Oi — Hi.
- Alô/Está lá — Hello (on the phone)
- Tchau — Bye.
- Até logo! — See you later!
- Até amanhã — See you tomorrow.
- Adeus — Goodbye (formal)
How do you wish someone in Portuguese?
Portuguese translation of ‘wish’
- give her my best wishes dá um abraço para ela.
- to wish sb goodbye despedir-se de alguém.
- he wished me well me desejou boa sorte.
- to wish to do/sb to do sth querer fazer/que alguém faça algo.
- to wish for desejar.
- to wish sth on sb desejar algo a alguém.
How do you greet a woman in Portuguese?
In Portuguese, people use the expressions Bom dia, Boa tarde and Boa noite both when saying hello and goodbye, as in Olá, bom dia – Hello, good morning or Adeus, boa tarde – Goodbye and good afternoon to you.
How do you say WYD in Portuguese?
wyd? [abbreviation] (como está você?)
How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
Though “boa noite” literally translates to “good night,” it is used as a greeting and not something to say to someone before they go to bed, like in English.
What is the meaning of Obrigado?
‘Obrigado’ means ‘ thank you. ‘ As Portuguese is a gender-based language, men say ‘obrigado’ with an ‘o’ at the end, and women say ‘obrigada’ with an ‘a’ at the end.
What is muito mean?
1) When muito means “ very ” it does not vary. Check out these examples: Ana é muito bonita = Ana is very beautiful.
How do you write a congratulations message?
- “Congratulations on your well-deserved success.”
- “Heartfelt congratulations to you.”
- “Warmest congratulations on your achievement.”
- “Congratulations and best wishes for your next adventure!”
- “So pleased to see you accomplishing great things.”
Can you say big congratulations?
are perfectly idiomatic in English, although ‘a’ precedes a plural noun. I think native speakers would say a big congratulation if the singular form was idiomatic when congratulating someone, but it’s simply not. Although the following are commonly said and heard in speeches, they do sound a little formal.
What else can you say besides congratulations?
synonyms for congratulations
- best wishes.
- good going.
- good wishes.
- good work.