- 1 How do you write the number 9 in Chinese?
- 2 How do you say the number 0 10 in Chinese?
- 3 What does six mean in Chinese?
- 4 Why is 4 unlucky?
- 5 What does 2 mean in Chinese?
- 6 What is the hardest language to learn?
- 7 What does 520 mean in Chinese?
- 8 Is 12 a lucky number in Chinese?
- 9 How do I say my name in Chinese?
- 10 How do I learn Chinese?
How do you write the number 9 in Chinese?
Once you’ve learned the characters that represent 4 (四 sì), 5 (五 wǔ), 6 (六 liù), 7 (七 qī), 8 ( 八 bā), 9 ( 九 jiǔ ) and 10 (十 shí), Chinese numbers, up to 99 (九 十九 jiǔshíjiǔ), are quite easy to learn.
How do you say the number 0 10 in Chinese?
Chinese Lesson – Count from 0 to 10
- Zero (零): [líng]Ling with an upward inflection.
- One (一): [yī] Ee with a long “e” sound.
- Two (二): [èr] Are with a downward inflection for the letter “r”.
- Three (三): [sān] San without an inflection.
- Four (四): [sì] Suh.
- Five (五): [wǔ] Woo with a downward-up inflection.
What does six mean in Chinese?
Six. The number 6 (六, pinyin: liù ) in Mandarin sounds like “slick” or “smooth” (溜, pinyin: liū). In Cantonese, 6 (Cantonese Yale: lok6) sounds like “good fortune” or “happiness” (祿, 樂 Cantonese Yale: lok6). Therefore 6 is considered a good number for business.
Why is 4 unlucky?
But the number four is considered unlucky because it sounds a lot like the word for “death,” and as a result Chinese buildings often lack a fourth floor (just as American buildings sometimes skip the 13th). Likewise, Chinese drivers avoid license plates ending in four.
What does 2 mean in Chinese?
Number 2 in Chinese Culture Two is the smallest even number, usually with the meaning of ‘ double’, ‘twinned’ and ‘again’. It is an auspicious number in Chinese culture, because Chinese people believe that ‘good things come in pairs’.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages To Learn For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.
What does 520 mean in Chinese?
520 – ” I love you “. 520 (pinyin: wǔ’èrlíng) represents 我爱你 (pinyin: wǒ ài nǐ).
Is 12 a lucky number in Chinese?
12 represents the harmony of the yin and yang: In Chinese numerology, one is a yang number, ruled by the sun and symbolizing independence and individualism. Two is a yin number ruled by the moon and represents symmetry and balance. Together in the number 12: harmony.
How do I say my name in Chinese?
Chinese Phrase – My name is
- My name is.
- Pinyin. wǒ jiào.
How do I learn Chinese?
How to Learn Chinese: My Top 6 Tips
- Listen to Mandarin as Often as Possible.
- Devote Time to Memorizing Characters.
- Recognize Patterns Rather than Rules.
- Read More than You Can Handle.
- Get the Rhythm of the Language to Master the Tones.
- Speak a lot and Don’t Second Guess Yourself.