- 1 What is the reply to Danke Schoen?
- 2 What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
- 3 What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
- 4 How do you say thank you very much officially?
- 5 Why do Germans say bitte?
- 6 How do you respond to Willkommen?
- 7 Is Danke rude?
- 8 What is the meaning of Danke Schoen?
- 9 What does Danka mean?
- 10 How do you say thank you informally?
- 11 How do you say thank you in a nice way?
- 12 What to write in a heartfelt thank you note?
- 13 How do you express gratitude in writing?
What is the reply to Danke Schoen?
When someone says danke, the standard response is bitte. This normally means ‘please’, but within the context of responding to a ‘thank you’, it means ‘you’re welcome’. If instead they say danke schön, then you should reply by saying bitte schön.
What is the difference between Danke and Danke Schoen?
Danke and Dankeschön have the same meaning ( “thank you” ). But “das Dankeschön” means also a certain gestures of appreciation (for example a little gift, just to say “thanks” to someone).
What is the formal way of saying thank you in German?
1. Danke — Thank you / Thanks. It’s not rude to use it even with people you’re less familiar with, but it doesn’t hurt to use a formal pronoun for them and say something like Ich danke Ihnen (I thank you).
How do you say thank you very much officially?
General Thank-You Phrases
- Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much.
- I appreciate your consideration/guidance/help/time.
- I sincerely appreciate ….
- My sincere appreciation/gratitude/thanks.
- My thanks and appreciation.
- Please accept my deepest thanks.
Why do Germans say bitte?
In many ways, using the term bitte shows respect and politeness. For German speakers in new situations, bitte is a very useful word that may excuse mispronunciations and incorrect conjugations. On a more basic level, knowledge of bitte also allows you to (politely) order food, drink, etc.
How do you respond to Willkommen?
“Du bist willkommen” means ‘It’s good to have you here’. The best answer to the thank would be “ keine Ursache” (‘don’t mention it’), in northern dialect also the cute “da nich für”.
Is Danke rude?
“Danke”/”Bitte” is perfectly fine. It’s neither rude or weird, just less enthusiastic and a bit less formal than the longer forms.
What is the meaning of Danke Schoen?
: thank you very much.
What does Danka mean?
Danka for Thank You, Bitteschön for You’re Welcome. German.
How do you say thank you informally?
For these everyday, informal experiences, we can use a variety of expression to say thanks.
- Thank you. / Thanks so much. / Thanks a lot. / Thanks a bunch. / Thanks a ton. / Thanks!
- I really appreciate it. / You shouldn’t have.
- I don’t know what to say! / That’s very kind.
- You’re the best. / I owe you one. / You rock.
How do you say thank you in a nice way?
Other ways to say thank you in any occasion
- I appreciate what you did.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you for your time today.
- I value and respect your opinion.
- I am so thankful for what you did.
- I wanted to take the time to thank you.
- I really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Your kind words warmed my heart.
What to write in a heartfelt thank you note?
- “You’re the best.”
- “I’m humbled and grateful.”
- “You knocked me off my feet!”
- “My heart is still smiling.”
- “Your thoughtfulness is a gift I will always treasure.”
- “Sometimes the simplest things mean the most.”
- “The banana bread was fabulous. You made my day.”
- “I’m touched beyond words.”
How do you express gratitude in writing?
With an intonation that’s thoughtful and deliberate, you can say:
- I cannot thank you enough.
- Words cannot express how much you mean to me.
- I am more grateful to you than you’ll ever know.
- I’m eternally grateful.
- You have my deepest thanks.
- I’ll never forget your support and kindness.