- 1 How do you express to want in French?
- 2 What is the difference between Voudrais and veux?
- 3 What do you want French?
- 4 What is the meaning of Vouloir?
- 5 Is Vouloir etre or avoir?
- 6 Is Boire etre or avoir?
- 7 Do the French say je voudrais?
- 8 What does veut mean in French?
- 9 What did you say in French?
- 10 What do you want me to do about it in French?
- 11 What is your name in French?
- 12 What is the polite form of Vouloir?
- 13 Is venir regular?
- 14 What tense is wanted in French?
How do you express to want in French?
French translation of ‘want’
- (= desire, wish for) vouloir. Do you want some cake?
- (= need) avoir besoin de.
- if you want si vous voulez ⧫ si tu veux. “Can we go now?” – – “If you want.” « On peut y aller maintenant? » – – « Si tu veux. »
- what do you want? Qu’est-ce que vous voulez?
- (= should)
What is the difference between Voudrais and veux?
Grammar point: Je veux is in Le Présent tense (I want), whereas je voudrais is in Le Conditionnel (I would want/like).
What do you want French?
The French translation for “What do you want?” is Que voulez-vous?. The French, Que voulez-vous?, can be broken down into 3 parts:”what; which” (que), “want; are wanting (2nd person plural)” (voulez) and “you (singular polite form and plural)” (vous).
What is the meaning of Vouloir?
The irregular verb vouloir is a shoe verb in the present tense. Vouloir means “ to wish,” “to want,” or “will”: je veux.
Is Vouloir etre or avoir?
The French verb vouloir means “to want” or “to wish.” It is one of the 10 most common French verbs and you will use it just as much as avoir and être.
Is Boire etre or avoir?
For the verb boire, it is formed with the auxiliary verb avoir and the past participle bu.
Do the French say je voudrais?
The only people you’ll hear using “voudrais” these days are foreigners eager to put their high school/college/Duolingo French to good use. While you can say “Je m’appelle [your name]” when meeting someone, the more colloquial way to do it is simply to say “ Moi, c’est [name]”.
What does veut mean in French?
French phrase.: the king wills it —used for royal consent to a public law. See the full definition.
What did you say in French?
qu’est-ce que vous avez dit? More French words for what did you say? qu’est-ce que tu as dit? what did you say?
What do you want me to do about it in French?
Je dois faire quoi? – Assieds-toi. What do you want me to do about it?
What is your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
What is the polite form of Vouloir?
je veux vs. Je veux and je voudrais are both ways of using the verb vouloir to ask for something. This is the conditional (would) form of the verb. Using je voudrais is seen as much more polite and less demanding while using je veux is less polite.
Is venir regular?
Venir is an irregular -ir verb and needs the auxiliary verb être in compound tenses.
What tense is wanted in French?
Elles ont voulu danser. – They wanted to dance. Sometimes ‘wanted’ would require the use of the imperfect tense. The perfect tense refers to one specific occasion, whereas the imperfect signifies that someone wanted something over a period of time.