- 1 How do you say my love in Irish?
- 2 What is the Irish name for love?
- 3 What do you call an Irish boyfriend?
- 4 Is Tu Mo a storin?
- 5 What do Irish call babies?
- 6 What is Mo chroi?
- 7 What do Irish guys call their girlfriends?
- 8 What is the rarest Irish girl name?
- 9 What do the Irish call a girl?
- 10 How do Irish say cheers?
- 11 What does Mo Cuishle mean?
- 12 What does Mo Anam Cara mean in Gaelic?
How do you say my love in Irish?
Mo Ghrá (pronounced ‘graw’): Means ‘my love’, for relationships that are that little bit more serious! Mo Cuishle (pronounced ‘coosh-la’): Literally means ‘my pulse’, for the person who makes your heart beat.
What is the Irish name for love?
Agra stems ultimately from the Irish Gaelic grādh, which means “love” and is a distant cousin of the Latin word gratus, which means “beloved” or “dear.” Agra is one of our older “sweetheart” words, dating back to 1645, and a linguistic reminder that Ireland was a crossroads of sorts for much of its history.
What do you call an Irish boyfriend?
Endearments for lovers
- A mhuirnín – my darling, my dear.
- Mo mhuirnín dílis – my dearly beloved, my own true love.
- A ghrá – my love, my dear.
- A ghrá mo chroí – my heart’s beloved, my darling.
- A ghrá geal – my bright love.
- A chroí – my heart.
- A chuisle – my pulse.
- A chuisle mo chroí – pulse of my heart.
Is Tu Mo a storin?
Is tú mo stóirín (Iss too mu stor-een) This translates as ” You are my (little) sweetheart “. The “-ín” at the end of Stóirín makes the word Stór (sweetheart) diminutive.
What do Irish call babies?
Wean. Pronounced “wayne,” this word means child.
What is Mo chroi?
It literally means my pulse, it’s a shortened version of the phrase ‘A chuisle mo chroí’ pulse of my heart.
What do Irish guys call their girlfriends?
Mot – Girlfriend, wife, or any other kind of romantic female partner. Dote – If someone calls you a ‘dote’ or if something is ‘dotey’, it means you’re cute, adorable, etc. If you’re described as ‘doting’ on someone, it means you’re smitten.
What is the rarest Irish girl name?
Top 10 unusual Irish girl names
- Líadan. Meaning ‘grey lady’, this name is pronounced ‘Lee-uh-din’.
- Sadb/Sadhbh. In late medieval Ireland, this unusual girls name once held the title of the second-most-popular in the land.
What do the Irish call a girl?
“Cailín” means “girl” in the Irish language. A lot of Irish people still use this word even when speaking in English. The plural, “Cailíní,” is also commonly used, for example, “I’m meeting up with the cailíní later on.”
How do Irish say cheers?
“Cheers” in Irish is sláinte which is pronounced a bit like “slawn-che”. Sláinte means “health”, and if you’re feeling brave, you can say sláinte is táinte (“slawn-che iss toin-che”), meaning “health and wealth”. “Cheers” is one of the words included in lesson 10 of our course.
What does Mo Cuishle mean?
He later goes to Maggie’s room, tells her that “Mo cuishle” means “ my darling, my blood,” and accedes to her request.
What does Mo Anam Cara mean in Gaelic?
Mo Anam Cara – Translated as ” My Soul Mate ” or “My Soul Friend” The ancient Celts believed in a soul that radiated about the body. They believed that when two individuals formed a deep and lasting bond that their souls would mingle. Therefore, each person could be said to have found their “anam cara”, or “soul friend”.