- 1 How do you respond to Ich liebe dich?
- 2 How do you express love in German?
- 3 What is a German girl called?
- 4 What is the meaning of Ich liebe dich?
- 5 How do you say I love you in a cute way?
- 6 What do you call your boyfriend in German?
- 7 How can I impress my German crush?
- 8 What are German babies?
- 9 What is a German waitress called?
- 10 What is a German man called?
- 11 What is a Schatz?
- 12 What does Liebe mean in English?
- 13 How do you say aww in German?
How do you respond to Ich liebe dich?
If you’re responding to someone who says “Ich liebe dich” — and if the feeling is mutual — you can either say “Ich liebe dich” or “Ich liebe dich auch” (“I love you too”) in return.
How do you express love in German?
Starting with the stock and standard, Ich liebe dich is the classic way to say ‘I love you’ in German. It’s most appropriate for serious, long-term relationships. If the sentiment is mutual, you can say ‘I love you too’ by adding auch (‘also’) to the end of the phrase.
What is a German girl called?
Fräulein is the diminutive form of Frau, which was previously reserved only for married women. Also, in East Germany, Fräulein continued in common usage until 1990. Nowadays, style guides and dictionaries recommend that all women be addressed as Frau regardless of marital status, particularly in formal situations.
What is the meaning of Ich liebe dich?
If you want a straightforward translation, ich liebe dich is how to say “I love you ” in German, but it does come with some strings attached. This phrase is only used for serious relationships, typically intimate ones that you’d have with a trusted partner or spouse.
How do you say I love you in a cute way?
Cute Ways to Say “I Love You”
- I’m crazy about you.
- You’re my dream come true.
- You take my breath away.
- Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to.
- There is no one I’d rather steal blankets from.
- You’re my partner in crime.
- You look great today and every day.
- I’m jealous of people who get to see you every day.
What do you call your boyfriend in German?
Schatz is the most common German term of endearment, according to surveys. Couples all over the country call each other this pet name or one of its many cute forms, such as Schätzchen (little treasure) or Schatzi (little treasure).
How can I impress my German crush?
10 Romantic German Phrases to Impress Your Crush
- Ich liebe dich.
- Ich hab’ dich lieb.
- Willst du mein Freund/meine Freundin sein? (Do you want to be my boyfriend/girlfriend?)
- Willst du mit mir gehen? (Do you want to go out with me?)
- Schatz, Liebling, Kuschelbär (pet names)
- Ich bin bis über beide Ohren verliebt.
What are German babies?
Baby. More German words for baby. das Baby noun. infant, babe.
What is a German waitress called?
Name. Dirndl is a diminutive of Dirn(e). In current German usage, Dirne now mostly signifies ‘prostitute’, however originally the word meant only ‘young woman’. In Bavaria and Austria, Dirndl can mean a young woman, a girlfriend or the dress.
What is a German man called?
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for GERMAN MAN [ herr ]
What is a Schatz?
The term Schatz can refer to: An ornamental or occupational German surname meaning “treasure” or “treasury” (as a town treasurer) A term of endearment in German-speaking countries, comparable to “honey” or “darling” in English.
What does Liebe mean in English?
Liebe f (genitive Liebe, plural Lieben) (uncountable) love (tender feeling of affection) quotations ▼ (countable) a feeling of love for someone or something particular. (countable) a love relationship.
How do you say aww in German?
– “ Ooh, eine Runde Mitleid! ” (“Aww, a round of pity!”) The German words for “pity”, “compassion” or “empathy” are “Mitleid” (n.) and “Mitgefühl” (n.). The word “Erbarmen” (n.) is used in the sense of “mercy”.