- 1 How do you express love in German?
- 2 How do you respond to Ich liebe dich?
- 3 How do you express affection in German?
- 4 What do you call your boyfriend in German?
- 5 What is the longest word in German?
- 6 How do you say I love you in a cute way?
- 7 What are German babies?
- 8 What is a Schatzi?
- 9 What is Ich liebe dich?
- 10 How can I speak fluent German?
- 11 What is your name in German?
- 12 What is a German girl called?
- 13 What are some common German words?
How do you express love in German?
Starting with the stock and standard, Ich liebe dich is the classic way to say ‘I love you’ in German. It’s most appropriate for serious, long-term relationships. If the sentiment is mutual, you can say ‘I love you too’ by adding auch (‘also’) to the end of the phrase.
How do you respond to Ich liebe dich?
If you’re responding to someone who says “Ich liebe dich” — and if the feeling is mutual — you can either say “Ich liebe dich” or “Ich liebe dich auch” (“I love you too”) in return.
How do you express affection in German?
10 Romantic German Phrases to Impress Your Crush
- Ich liebe dich.
- Ich hab’ dich lieb.
- Willst du mein Freund/meine Freundin sein? (Do you want to be my boyfriend/girlfriend?)
- Willst du mit mir gehen? (Do you want to go out with me?)
- Schatz, Liebling, Kuschelbär (pet names)
- Ich bin bis über beide Ohren verliebt.
What do you call your boyfriend in German?
Schatz (treasure) You don’t have to go to the end of the rainbow to find it, because “Schatz” is by far the most common German term of endearment. It’s popular among lovers and old married couples, but also used for children.
What is the longest word in German?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is ” Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
How do you say I love you in a cute way?
Cute Ways to Say “I Love You”
- I’m crazy about you.
- You’re my dream come true.
- You take my breath away.
- Since you’ve been around I smile a lot more than I used to.
- There is no one I’d rather steal blankets from.
- You’re my partner in crime.
- You look great today and every day.
- I’m jealous of people who get to see you every day.
What are German babies?
Baby. More German words for baby. das Baby noun. infant, babe.
What is a Schatzi?
Schatzi n. (SHOT-zee). From German, a diminutive of schatz, a term of endearment, literally and figuratively “little treasure.” Casually, schatzi is a term meaning a close friend —someone with whom you have fun, confide in and trust.
What is Ich liebe dich?
If you want a straightforward translation, ich liebe dich is how to say “I love you ” in German, but it does come with some strings attached. This phrase is only used for serious relationships, typically intimate ones that you’d have with a trusted partner or spouse.
How can I speak fluent German?
7 tips on speaking German fluently and confidently
- Listen in. Every good conversation starts with good listening.
- Learn the genders. German has three genders, so it’s important to learn nouns along with their gender.
- Hack your memory.
- Turn up the volume.
- Record yourself.
- Create a personal phrasebook.
- Speak up.
What is your name in German?
If you want to say “What is your name?” in German, you would either say, “ Wie heißen sie? ” (formal) or “Wie heißt du?” (informal).
What is a German girl called?
Fräulein is the diminutive form of Frau, which was previously reserved only for married women. Also, in East Germany, Fräulein continued in common usage until 1990. Nowadays, style guides and dictionaries recommend that all women be addressed as Frau regardless of marital status, particularly in formal situations.
What are some common German words?
10 common German phrases: the basics
- Hallo (Hello)
- Tschüss (Bye)
- Bitte (Please)
- Danke (Thanks)
- Entschuldigung (Excuse me)
- Sorry (Sorry)
- Formal: Können Sie mir helfen?; informal: Kannst du mir helfen? (Can you help me?)
- Formal: Sprechen Sie English?; informal: In Sprichst du Englisch? (Do you speak English?)