- 1 How do you greet someone in French?
- 2 What are 5 greetings in French?
- 3 How do you say hello to a girl in French?
- 4 How do you reply to bonjour greeting?
- 5 What is the French greeting kiss called?
- 6 How do you say hello in a cute way?
- 7 What are good French wishes?
- 8 What is French for beautiful girl?
- 9 What is the meaning of Belle Dame?
- 10 What’s pretty girl in French?
- 11 How do you respond to Ca va?
- 12 How do you respond to Ca va bien?
- 13 How do you respond to Merci?
How do you greet someone in French?
The most common conversational ways to greet someone in French are:
- Salut. (Hello; Hi. [Informal])
- Bonjour. (Hello; Good morning.)
- Bonsoir. (Good evening.)
What are 5 greetings in French?
The most important French greetings include bonjour (hello), enchanté(e) (nice to meet you), bonsoir (good evening/hello), salut (hi), coucou (hey), Ça fait longtemps, dis donc (long time no see), Âllo (hello), Ça va? (how are you?), tu vas bien? (have you been well?), quoi de neuf? (what’s up?), au revoir!
How do you say hello to a girl in French?
Bonjour is the go-to greeting in French. But if you want to be more precise (and the French usually love precision), if it’s evening or nighttime, you can say Bonsoir (literally, “Good evening”).
How do you reply to bonjour greeting?
So to say “hello, how are you?” in French, simply say bonjour, ça va? or salut, ça va? If someone says this to you, you can respond with ça va bien (“it’s going well”) or tout va bien (“everything’s going well”). In Quebec, you’ll often hear “not bad” as the response: pas pire, which literally means “no worse”.
What is the French greeting kiss called?
Nick Kostov. PARIS—In cafés, in offices and almost everywhere in between, it has always been perfectly normal in France to greet people by touching their face with your face. La bise, as the customary double cheek kiss is known, is so deeply entrenched in French life that it is deployed as casually as a handshake.
How do you say hello in a cute way?
Here are some cute ways to say hi:
- “Hey, cutie! How’s it going?”
- “Hey there, beautiful! What have you been up to so far today?”
- “Hey, lovely! How was your day?”
What are good French wishes?
The French wish each other well for almost everything. You just use the word “bon’ or ‘bonne’ or the phrase ‘je vous souhaite’ or je te souhaite..’ and you can be assured the French people will be happy with you. At home, on the street, when someone wins a prize, there’s always an occasion for congratulations.
What is French for beautiful girl?
the beautiful girl (pretty girl; doll; manequin) la jolie fille; le mannequin. jolie fille [la ~] noun.
What is the meaning of Belle Dame?
beautiful lady. More meanings for belle dame. lovely lady.
What’s pretty girl in French?
pretty girl: jolie fille; mannequin.
How do you respond to Ca va?
As with English, French people tend to reply to Ça va? with a positive response – Bien, or Bien, merci – much the same way as we would use fine in English. The following responses are polite enough for a new acquaintance, but general enough for a good friend, too: Très bien, merci.
How do you respond to Ca va bien?
How to respond. If “Ça va?” asks “How’s it going? ” the answer is the same as with our second phrase (“Ça va bien, et toi?”). If someone is asking if you’re okay, you can say “Oui, ça va, merci” (“I’m okay, thank you”).
How do you respond to Merci?
The usual answer to “merci” in French is “de rien” which has about the same meaning as “no problem” and translates to “it’s nothing”. Other ways to answer a “Merci” are:
- “Il n’y a pas de quoi”, sometimes abbreviated in “Pas de quoi”
- around Toulouse: “Avec plaisir”
- in Belgium: “S’il vous plaît”