- 1 How do you say ugly in Cantonese?
- 2 How do you express disgust in Chinese?
- 3 What does XĪ mean in Chinese?
- 4 What does YÙ mean in Chinese?
- 5 What is beautiful in Cantonese?
- 6 What do Chinese people say when they are surprised?
- 7 How is the Chinese name Xi pronounced?
- 8 Is Xi a Chinese word?
- 9 What does XI name mean in Chinese?
- 10 Is the last name Yu Chinese?
- 11 Does Yu mean Jade?
- 12 What is Jade in Cantonese?
How do you say ugly in Cantonese?
Matt: How do you say “ugly” in Cantonese? 樣衰。 (joeng2 seoi1.) 哦，”你好樣衰”！
How do you express disgust in Chinese?
Expressing Disgust or Surprise
- 哎呀! āi yā! “Oh no!” (
- 真讨厌! zhēn tǎo yàn! “Gross!”
- 真没想到! zhēn méi xiǎng dào! “Who would’ve thought!”
- 原来是这样! yuán lái shì zhèyàng! or 原来如此! yuán lái rú cǐ
What does XĪ mean in Chinese?
rest to rest. Example Usage Strokes. 吸 xī to breathe to suck in to absorb to inhale.
What does YÙ mean in Chinese?
Example Usage. 育 yù to have children to raise or bring up to educate. Example Usage Strokes.
What is beautiful in Cantonese?
1. 美麗 (mei5 lai6) English Translation: Beautiful. This is the common and easiest Cantonese word to say beautiful in Cantonese. 美麗 (mei5 lai6) can be used in almost any situation, both formal and informal.
What do Chinese people say when they are surprised?
Saying “God!” is also one of the common Chinese expressions of surprise. God is translated as 神shén, but when Chinese people get surprised, they will say 天呐(=天哪) instead of 神呐.
How is the Chinese name Xi pronounced?
However, Hanyu Pinyin’s relationship between spelling and pronunciation is not as random as it seems because it is actually syllable-based; the syllable xi is always pronounced shee (-sh as in ship, -ee as in meet), whether in Xí Jìnpíng or móxī (the Chinese name for Moses).
Is Xi a Chinese word?
Xi (/ʃiː/ shee; Mandarin: [ɕi]) is the romanization in Pinyin of several different Chinese family names, including: 奚 (Xī; see Chinese Wikipedia article) 西 (Xī; see Chinese Wikipedia article) 郗 (Xī; see Chinese Wikipedia article)
What does XI name mean in Chinese?
系 / 係 [Xi] Meaning: to connect, to relate to, to tie up, to bind, to be (literary), system, department, faculty, to tie, to fasten, to button up, to connect, to arrest, to worry.
Is the last name Yu Chinese?
According to Chinese legend, Yu (Chinese: 虞; pinyin: Yú) is an ancient surname in China. The ancestors of the surname were closely linked with the ancient sage-king named Yu Shun.
Does Yu mean Jade?
The Chinese word yù 玉 “jade; gems of all kinds; (of women) beautiful; (courteous) your ” has semantically broader meanings than English jade “any of various hard greenish gems used in jewelry and artistic carvings, including jadeite and nephrite; a green color of medium hue; made of jade; green like jade”.
What is Jade in Cantonese?
For the Chinese, the Stone of Heaven – more precious than gold – is juhk (Cantonese), yù (Mandarin), or jade. It is also known as the “stone for eternity” because its hardness and durability are associated with immortality.