- 1 What is the response to Asante Sana?
- 2 What is the meaning of Asante Sana?
- 3 Does Asante mean thank you?
- 4 What are some Swahili words?
- 5 How do you respond to Habari Gani?
- 6 What is hello in Swahili?
- 7 What is the meaning of Obrigado?
- 8 What Rafiki means?
- 9 Which language is Asante Sana?
- 10 What is the meaning of Habari Yako?
- 11 How do you say yes in African language?
- 12 What is hello in Kenyan?
- 13 What is the Swahili word?
- 14 Is Hakuna Matata Swahili?
What is the response to Asante Sana?
So when someone says Asante to you, you can simply reply with: Karibu or Kamwe.
What is the meaning of Asante Sana?
Sana – (Very) used as in Asante-sana– Thank you VERY much.
Does Asante mean thank you?
Asante– meaning THANK YOU. This is also a very common word and it will come up often in your conversations.
What are some Swahili words?
- Hello: jambo/ hujambo/ salama.
- How are you?: habari gani.
- Fine (response): nzuri.
- Goodbye: kwa heri/ kwa herini (more than one peson)
- See you later: tutaonana.
- Nice to meet you: nafurahi kukuona.
- Goodnight: lala salama.
How do you respond to Habari Gani?
Kwanzaa Customs During the celebration of Kwanzaa, it is customary to greet friends and family with the Swahili phrase, “Habari gani”, meaning, “What is the news?” To respond, answer with the principle of the day. (Umoja, for example, is the response given on December 26th.)
What is hello in Swahili?
To say hello in Swahili, say jambo. You can also say hujambo (pronounced hoo-JAHM-boh) if you want to greet someone more formally. Habari (pronounced hah-BAH-ree), which literally translates to “news,” is often used to say hi too.
What is the meaning of Obrigado?
‘Obrigado’ means ‘ thank you. ‘ As Portuguese is a gender-based language, men say ‘obrigado’ with an ‘o’ at the end, and women say ‘obrigada’ with an ‘a’ at the end.
What Rafiki means?
The “priest” in this ceremony is a wise, old mandrill named Rafiki, which means “ friend” in Swahili.
Which language is Asante Sana?
“Asante Sana” in Swahili means “Thanks a lot”.
What is the meaning of Habari Yako?
Habari yako refers to one person in English it means how are you.
How do you say yes in African language?
Polite Ways to Say Yes in English
- Yeah, sure. Here you go.
- No problem! I’m always happy to help.
- Yep! I will be right there. (Yep is another informal way to say yes like yeah.)
- Yeah, I’d be happy to!
- Cool. (Yes, cool can really be used to say yes or to show agreement.)
- You got it.
What is hello in Kenyan?
The most common greeting among those who speak Swahili is ‘Hujambo’ (‘Hello’) or the more colloquial greeting of ‘Jambo’. Both greetings can be responded with the phrase ‘sijambo’, which means ‘I am well’. Other common greetings in contemporary Kenya include ‘sasa’ or ‘Mambo’.
What is the Swahili word?
The word Swahili is itself an Arabic word meaning ‘coastal people’.
Is Hakuna Matata Swahili?
Hakuna matata roughly translates to “ there are no troubles” in Swahili. The phrase was popularized in English by the 1994 Disney movie The Lion King, where it’s translated as “no worries.” It has a connotation of not worrying about things outside a person’s control.