- 1 What is short for Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- 2 What word takes 3 hours to pronounce?
- 3 Is the longest word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- 4 What is the shortest word?
- 5 What are the 5 longest words?
- 6 Is there a word with all 26 letters?
- 7 What is the full name for titin?
- 8 Is there any word without vowel?
- 9 What is a correct pronunciation?
- 10 What is the hardest spelling bee word?
- 11 What is the hardest word to say?
- 12 What is the most beautiful word in the world?
What is short for Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
noun | A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust, causing inflammation in the lungs. Due to the length of the word it is often abbreviated by language buffs to p45 (i.e. 45 characters).
What word takes 3 hours to pronounce?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
Is the longest word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
1 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (forty-five letters) is lung disease caused by the inhalation of silica or quartz dust. 6 Incomprehensibilities set the record in the 1990s as the longest word “in common usage.” How many times have you used this twenty-one-letter term?
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea.
What are the 5 longest words?
Here’s how Merriam-Webster defines the ten longest words in the English language.
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
- Thyroparathyroidectomized (25 letters)
- Dichlorodifluoromethane (23 letters)
- Incomprehensibilities (21 letters)
Is there a word with all 26 letters?
An English pangram is a sentence that contains all 26 letters of the English alphabet. The most well known English pangram is probably “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”. My favorite pangram is “Amazingly few discotheques provide jukeboxes.”
What is the full name for titin?
Wikipedia’s says that it’s ” Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl isoleucine” (ellipses necessary), which is the “chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.” Also, there’s some dispute about whether this is really a word.
Is there any word without vowel?
Words with no vowels. Cwm and crwth do not contain the letters a, e, i, o, u, or y, the usual vowels (that is, the usual symbols that stand for vowel sounds) in English. Shh, psst, and hmm do not have vowels, either vowel symbols or vowel sounds.
What is a correct pronunciation?
Pronunciation is the way in which a word or a language is spoken. This may refer to generally agreed-upon sequences of sounds used in speaking a given word or language in a specific dialect (“correct pronunciation”) or simply the way a particular individual speaks a word or language.
What is the hardest spelling bee word?
The 25 Toughest Winning Words Ever Spelled In The National Spelling Bee
- Xanthosis. Year: 1995.
- Euonym. Year: 1997.
- Succedaneum. Year: 2001.
- Autochthonous. Year: 2004.
- Appoggiatura. Year: 2005.
- Ursprache. Year: 2006.
- Laodicean. Year: 2009. Pronunciation: lay-ah-duh-SEE-un.
- Cymotrichous. Year: 2011. Pronunciation: sahy-MAH-truh-kus.
What is the hardest word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What is the most beautiful word in the world?
“Cellar Door” One of the most famous theories comes from Lord of the Rings author J.R.R. Tolkien, who proposed in a 1955 speech that “cellar door” is the most beautiful word (or phrase) in the English language.