- 1 How do you say no in French Canadian?
- 2 How do you refuse something in French?
- 3 Why do French say no?
- 4 What should I reply to Ca va?
- 5 How do you say my friend in French Canadian?
- 6 How do you say no in different languages?
- 7 How do you say no in Arabic?
- 8 What is invitation in French?
- 9 What is RSVP stand for in English?
- 10 How do you respectfully say no?
- 11 How do you say no nicely?
- 12 How do you indirectly say no?
How do you say no in French Canadian?
The traditional “no” Non is the most common way of saying no in French and can safely be used it with anyone. In some situations, answering “non” can come across as rude though. so you may want to say “non merci” instead. Vous êtes Américain?
How do you refuse something in French?
Examples of politely refusing an invitation in French:
- Non, désolée, je ne peux pas dîner avec toi ce soir. J’ai déjà des projets.
- Non, je ne veux pas acheter ce magazine! Arrêtez d’insister!
- Malheureusement, nous ne pouvons pas ce soir.
- Je voudrais bien, mais malheureusement, je ne peux pas.
Why do French say no?
Barlow and Nadeau suggest that the no used by many French people comes from an obsession with not getting blamed for being wrong. And while this is true in all walks of life, the fonctionnaires (bureaucrats) of France have turned it into a complex system that seems archaic and inefficient.
What should I reply to Ca va?
As with English, French people tend to reply to Ça va? with a positive response – Bien, or Bien, merci – much the same way as we would use fine in English. The following responses are polite enough for a new acquaintance, but general enough for a good friend, too: Très bien, merci.
How do you say my friend in French Canadian?
Mon ami (or mon amie in the feminine) means “my friend.”
How do you say no in different languages?
How to Say No in 23 Different Languages
- Afrikaans: Nee (nee-uh)
- Arabic: لا or La (lah – “a” as in “yacht”)
- Bengali: না or Nā (nah – “a” as in “yacht”)
- Dutch: Nee (nay)
- French: Non (noh)
- German: Nein (nine)
- Greek (modern): Όχι or óchi (oh-hee)
- Hausa: A’a (ah-ah – “a” as in “yacht”)
How do you say no in Arabic?
The word for No in Arabic is ‘La’, but just knowing ‘La’, isn’t enough, on the surface it may appear a basic word, but it is in fact one of the most important and frequently used words in your Arabic arsenal.
What is invitation in French?
[ˌɪnvɪˈteɪʃən ] to function, event) invitation f. I accepted the invitation. J ‘ai accepté l’ invitation.
What is RSVP stand for in English?
please reply. Hint: The abbreviation R.S.V.P. comes from the French phrase répondez s’il vous plaît, which means “please reply.”
How do you respectfully say no?
CHECK THESE OUT
- I’m honoured but I can’t.
- I wish there were two of me…
- Sorry, I’m booked into something else right now…
- Sadly, I have something else…
- No, thank you but it sounds lovely, so next time…
- I’m not taking anything else right now…
- Thank you so much for thinking of me, but I can’t!..
How do you say no nicely?
How to Say “No” for Any Reason at All!
- I wish I could make it work.
- I wish I were able to.
- I’d rather not.
- I’m afraid I can’t.
- If only I could!
- No thanks, I won’t be able to make it.
- Not this time.
- Unfortunately, it’s not a good time.
How do you indirectly say no?
Examples of how to do this include:
- Hmmm, interesting. Let me think about it, and I’ll let you know.
- I won’t have the time for a month or two.
- Those dates don’t work for me.
- My calendar is already full, but if something opens up, I’ll give you a call.
- I’d like to help you, but I don’t know how.