- 1 What does SAS mean in Greek?
- 2 What does greetings mean in Greek?
- 3 What does Opa mean in Greek?
- 4 What is Love called in Greek?
- 5 What are the 7 Greek love words?
- 6 What are the 3 words for love in Greek?
- 7 What are some cool Greek words?
- 8 What does Kalispera SAS mean in Greek?
- 9 What does kalimera SAS mean?
- 10 What does Antio SAS mean?
- 11 What does Yasu mean in Greek?
- 12 How do you say Yassou in Greek?
- 13 What does Herete mean in Greek?
What does SAS mean in Greek?
When meeting any Greek, it is always appropriate to say Yia sas (Γειά σας) which means ‘ Hello ‘. On the flip side, when saying Goodbye we also say Yia sas. To thank somebody you would say Efharisto (Ευχαριστώ).
What does greetings mean in Greek?
The common verbal greeting in Greece is “Yassas” (Hello) or the more informal “Yiasoo”. Address people by their appropriate title, e.g. ‘Keerios’ (Mr) for men and ‘Keeria’ (Mrs) for women. You may find people address elders they are not related to as ‘Theia’ (Aunty) and ‘Theios’ (Uncle).
What does Opa mean in Greek?
Opa! Is an expression often used in Greek celebrations, weddings and dancing. It means joy, hooray or cheers.
What is Love called in Greek?
Agápe (ἀγάπη, agápē) means “love: esp. Agape is used in ancient texts to denote feelings for one’s children and the feelings for a spouse, and it was also used to refer to a love feast. Agape is used by Christians to express the unconditional love of God for his children.
What are the 7 Greek love words?
7 Distinct Greek Words Describe Different Kinds of Love—Which Have You Experienced?
- Eros: romantic, passionate love.
- Philia: intimate, authentic friendship.
- Ludus: playful, flirtatious love.
- Storge: unconditional, familial love.
- Philautia: self-love.
- Pragma: committed, companionate love.
- Agápe: empathetic, universal love.
What are the 3 words for love in Greek?
Eros – Philia – Agape: The Three Greek Words For LOVE.
What are some cool Greek words?
15 Beautiful Words That Will Make You Fall in Love With the Greek Language
- ελπίδα (el-pee-da) / hope.
- χαρμολύπη (char-mo-lee-pee) / joyful mourning, sweet sorrow.
- φιλοξενία (fil-o-ksen-i-a) / hospitality.
- υγεία (ee-yee-a) / health.
- ψυχή (psee-hee) / soul.
- ίριδα (ee-ree-da) / iris.
- ευτυχία (ef-tee-hee-a) / happiness.
What does Kalispera SAS mean in Greek?
Good Evening When its approaching dusk and you want to greet or reply to greetings. In Greek, Good Evening is ‘Kalispera’. Kalispera sas is a more polite way of greeting the elderly.
What does kalimera SAS mean?
Good morning – kalimera (if you know the person a little) or kalimera sas ( if you don’t know them or want to show respect for an older person.
What does Antio SAS mean?
αντίο • (antío) goodbye, bye, adieu, farewell. αντίο σου ― antío sou ― goodbye to you (singular) † αντίο σας ― antío sas ― goodbye to you (plural) †
What does Yasu mean in Greek?
Greeks often greet one another with the friendly and casual phrase. It is a multi-purpose term with a literal translation of ” your health” in English and is used to wish good health upon a person.
How do you say Yassou in Greek?
Say “Yassou”. Pronounce it “YAH-soo”. This phrase is best suited for informally saying hello to one person. Smile as you say it – be friendly! Bear in mind that “Yassou” is only a rough English rendition of the Greek pronunciation.
What does Herete mean in Greek?
Typical Greetings Used in Greece Χαίρετε (Herete) This is a formal way of saying hello.