- 1 What minä Rakastan Sinua means?
- 2 How do you greet a Finnish person?
- 3 How do you say what’s your name in Finnish?
- 4 How do you compliment someone in Finnish?
- 5 What is the longest Finnish word?
- 6 What is Finland’s national drink?
- 7 What race are the Finns?
- 8 What are 3 interesting facts about Finland?
- 9 What are some Finnish names?
- 10 How do you pronounce kiitos?
- 11 What side was Finland on in World War II?
What minä Rakastan Sinua means?
Minä Rakastan Sinua – I Love You.
How do you greet a Finnish person?
Greeting a Finn: saying hello in Finnish
- Day – (hyvää) päivää
- Afternoon – (hyvää) iltapäivää
- Evening – (hyvää) iltaa.
- Late morning – (hyvää) aamupäivää
How do you say what’s your name in Finnish?
it is very much correct to say ” mikä sinun nimesi on” Finnish or “minun nimeni on” In the Finnish language you can and will add personal conjugation and leave “sinun” in front of it but you can leave it out but also. Hope this helps.
How do you compliment someone in Finnish?
Flirting – Complimenting
- You’re gorgeous! Näytät upealta!
- You’re funny! Olet hauska!
- You have beautiful eyes! Sinulla on kauniit silmät!
- You’re a great dancer! Olet loistava tanssija!
- You look beautiful in that dress/shirt!
- I have been thinking about you all day!
- It’s been really nice talking to you!
What is the longest Finnish word?
Finnish has one of the world’s longest words The biggest compound word with a whopping 61 letters, is ‘ lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas ‘, which translates as ‘airplane jet turbine engine auxiliary mechanic non-commissioned officer student’.
What is Finland’s national drink?
The national beverage of Finland is milk (sometimes curdled), which is safe to drink (as is water) throughout the country. Two famous Finnish liqueurs should be tasted: lakka, made from the saffron-colored wild cloudberry, and mesimarja, made from the Arctic brambleberry.
What race are the Finns?
Finns or Finnish people (Finnish: suomalaiset, IPA: [ˈsuo̯mɑlɑi̯set]) are a Baltic Finnic ethnic group native to Finland. Finns are traditionally divided into smaller regional groups that span several countries adjacent to Finland, both those who are native to these countries as well as those who have resettled.
What are 3 interesting facts about Finland?
Top 10 Interesting Facts About Finland
- The Longest Palindromic Word Comes From the Finnish Language.
- Finland Is the Only Home of the Endangered Saimaa Ringed Seal.
- The Wife-Carrying Race Originated in Finland.
- The Finns Absolutely Love to Drink Milk.
- There Are More Than 3 Million Saunas In Finland.
What are some Finnish names?
The most popular Finnish baby names in Finland include Eevi, Venla, Aino, Aada, and Helmi for girls, and Eeli, Eino, Vaino, Onni, and Leevi for boys. Among the most wearable Finnish names on a non-Finnish baby are Ailana, Hilma, Lumi, and Minna for girls, and Arvo, Harto, Rami, and Risto for boys.
How do you pronounce kiitos?
- IPA: /ˈkiːtos/, [ˈkiːt̪o̞s̠]
- Audio. (file)
- Rhymes: -iːtos.
- Syllabification: kii‧tos.
What side was Finland on in World War II?
As part of the Paris Peace Treaty, Finland was classified as an ally of Nazi Germany, bearing its responsibility for the war. The treaty imposed heavy war reparations on Finland and stipulated the lease of the Porkkala area near the Finnish capital Helsinki as a military base for fifty years.