- 1 How do you greet someone in Portuguese?
- 2 How do you reply to Bom Dia?
- 3 How do you respond to boa noite?
- 4 What is a common greeting in Portuguese?
- 5 What is the response to Obrigado?
- 6 How do you wish someone well in Portuguese?
- 7 What does oi Bom Dia?
- 8 How do you respond to Obrigado in Portuguese?
- 9 How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
- 10 What is up in Portuguese slang?
- 11 Do they say Tudo bem in Portugal?
- 12 How do you say WYD in Portuguese?
How do you greet someone in Portuguese?
Basic Portuguese Greetings
- Olá (Hello)
- Bom dia (Good morning, lit.
- Boa tarde (Good afternoon)
- Boa noite (Good evening / Good night)
- Bem-vindo (Welcome)
- Tudo bem? (How are you, lit.
- Até logo / Até amanhã (See you later/tomorrow, lit.
- Adeus (Goodbye)
How do you reply to Bom Dia?
Have a nice day: Tenha um bom dia! Informal Answer: Você também! ~ You too! Formal answer: O senhor também!
How do you respond to boa noite?
Important Phrases The response is the same “tudo bem”. “Legal”, pronounced “leh-gal” means “cool” and “nossa” means “wow”. “Bom dia”, “Boa tarde” and “Boa noite” mean “Good Morning”, “Good Afternoon” and “Good Night” respectively.
What is a common greeting in Portuguese?
In Portuguese, people use the expressions Bom dia, Boa tarde and Boa noite both when saying hello and goodbye, as in Olá, bom dia – Hello, good morning or Adeus, boa tarde – Goodbye and good afternoon to you. For good evening, boa tarde is used before it gets dark and boa noite after.
What is the response to Obrigado?
‘ As Portuguese is a gender-based language, men say ‘obrigado’ with an ‘o’ at the end, and women say ‘obrigada’ with an ‘a’ at the end. This is the rule in any context. Sometime you may hear the more informal ‘ valeu ‘ that translates to ‘cheers’ and is common between friends and in more social situations.
How do you wish someone well in Portuguese?
Perhaps the simplest and most common expression, “Parabéns” is for Portuguese what Bombril (a brand of steel wool) is for Brazilians. This word was born from the combination of “para” (to, for) and “bem”. If it isn’t clear, it literally means “for / to well”. That’s the expression we use when we wish someone well.
What does oi Bom Dia?
hi, good morning. Last Update: 2019-02-07.
How do you respond to Obrigado in Portuguese?
12 Ways to Say You are Welcome in Brazil in Response to Obrigado/Obrigada
- De nada literally translates to “of nothing”.
- Não foi nada literally translates to “It was nothing”.
- Imagina is a command conjugation (Imperative) of the verb Imaginar (to imagine).
How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
Greetings are often the first thing you cover when learning a new language—and in Portuguese, it’s no different.
- Bom dia/Boa tarde/Boa noite — Good morning/afternoon/night.
- Olá — Hello.
- Oi — Hi.
- Alô/Está lá — Hello (on the phone)
- Tchau — Bye.
- Até logo! — See you later!
- Até amanhã — See you tomorrow.
- Adeus — Goodbye (formal)
What is up in Portuguese slang?
“ E ai (ee-eye-ee) is a mouthful of vowels that basically means “What’s up?” It is most commonly used as a way to greet friends, often followed by a Tudo bem? or Beleza?. If the conversation is even more intimate or among friends, it will most certainly contain a mano or cara (Brazilian slang for dude/bro).
Do they say Tudo bem in Portugal?
Yes, in a informal conversation.
How do you say WYD in Portuguese?
wyd? [abbreviation] (como está você?)