- 1 What word takes 3 hours to say?
- 2 Is the longest word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- 3 What does Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl mean?
- 4 What is the shortest word?
- 5 What is the full name for titin?
- 6 What is the hardest word to say?
- 7 How do you pronounce GIF?
- 8 What is the hardest spelling bee word?
- 9 Is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis a real word?
- 10 What is the longest F word?
What word takes 3 hours to say?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
Is the longest word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
1 Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (forty-five letters) is lung disease caused by the inhalation of silica or quartz dust. 6 Incomprehensibilities set the record in the 1990s as the longest word “in common usage.” How many times have you used this twenty-one-letter term?
What does Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl mean?
LONGEST ENGLISH WORD:Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl… isoleucine (189,819 letters) If we’re talking chemistry, the longest chemical name is 189,819 letters long. It is the chemical name for titin, a giant filamentous protein essential to the structure, development, and elasticity of muscle.
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea.
What is the full name for titin?
Wikipedia’s says that it’s ” Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl isoleucine” (ellipses necessary), which is the “chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.” Also, there’s some dispute about whether this is really a word.
What is the hardest word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
How do you pronounce GIF?
“It’s pronounced JIF, not GIF.” Just like the peanut butter. “The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations,” Wilhite told The New York Times. “They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.
What is the hardest spelling bee word?
The 25 Toughest Winning Words Ever Spelled In The National Spelling Bee
- Xanthosis. Year: 1995.
- Euonym. Year: 1997.
- Succedaneum. Year: 2001.
- Autochthonous. Year: 2004.
- Appoggiatura. Year: 2005.
- Ursprache. Year: 2006.
- Laodicean. Year: 2009. Pronunciation: lay-ah-duh-SEE-un.
- Cymotrichous. Year: 2011. Pronunciation: sahy-MAH-truh-kus.
Is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis a real word?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a term for a lung disease caused by inhaling silica dust, as in I had trouble breathing and my doctor diagnosed me with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
What is the longest F word?
[ flok-suh-naw-suh-nahy-hil-uh-pil-uh-fi-key-shuhn ] SHOW IPA.