- 1 What are some German slang words?
- 2 What is SUP in German?
- 3 What does Vasas Los mean?
- 4 How do you say awesome in German slang?
- 5 What is the longest word in German?
- 6 What are common German phrases?
- 7 How do you greet someone in German?
- 8 What’s your name in German?
- 9 What does Vos mean in German?
- 10 What does Was ist mean in German?
What are some German slang words?
20 Everyday German Slang Words (So You Sound Like A Native)
- Alter! This is one of my favourite German expressions.
- Moin. Moin is the shortening of the phrase, “Guten Morgen” or good morning in parts of northern Germany.
What is SUP in German?
Translation of “‘Sup” in German. was geht.
What does Vasas Los mean?
“Vas ist Los” is the German for “ What’s up”, but “los” doesn’t mean “up” in German; it means “loose”
How do you say awesome in German slang?
#8 Hammer. In English, we often say something is “amazing” or “awesome.” The German equivalent is Hammer, which is also a tool when used as a noun. The expression Hammer geil can be used to say how outstanding something is. Example: Der Film war der Hammer.
What is the longest word in German?
At 80 letters, the longest word ever composed in German is ” Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft,” meaning, the “Association for Subordinate Officials of the Head Office Management of the Danube Steamboat Electrical Services.” But it’s a coinage of strung together more for
What are common German phrases?
Basic German Phrases
- Guten Tag = Good morning.
- Hallo = Hello.
- Ich heiße … = My name is …
- Sprechen Sie Englisch? = Do you speak English?
- Wie heißt du? = What’s your name?
- Wie geht es dir? = How are you?
- Gut, danke = Fine, thank you.
- Nett, Sie kennen zu lernen = Nice to meet you.
How do you greet someone in German?
“Guten Tag” (Good day) or “Hallo” (Hello) are the most common verbal greetings used in Germany. In the South, some people may say “Grüß Gott” (literally translating as ‘Greet God’). In formal situations, one should address another person with their title and last name, “Herr” (Mr.)
What’s your name in German?
If you want to say “What is your name?” in German, you would either say, “ Wie heißen sie? ” (formal) or “Wie heißt du?” (informal).
What does Vos mean in German?
Voss (also as Voß in German, meaning fox in Low German ) is a surname.
What does Was ist mean in German?
English Translation. what is. More meanings for was ist. what’s. was ist.