- 1 How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
- 2 What does em mean in Portuguese?
- 3 What does OK mean Portuguese?
- 4 Do I say Obrigado or Obrigada?
- 5 What is the response to Obrigado?
- 6 What is the Portuguese national drink?
- 7 What is the language in Portuguese?
- 8 How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
- 9 What does ta mean in Brazil?
- 10 What is the meaning of esta bem?
- 11 Can girls say Obrigado?
- 12 How do you respond to Obrigado in Portuguese?
- 13 How do you respond to thank you in Portuguese?
How do you say common phrases in Portuguese?
Greetings are often the first thing you cover when learning a new language—and in Portuguese, it’s no different.
- Bom dia/Boa tarde/Boa noite — Good morning/afternoon/night.
- Olá — Hello.
- Oi — Hi.
- Alô/Está lá — Hello (on the phone)
- Tchau — Bye.
- Até logo! — See you later!
- Até amanhã — See you tomorrow.
- Adeus — Goodbye (formal)
What does em mean in Portuguese?
The most common translation for “in” is em (one of the Portuguese prepositions). The word “the” corresponds to a for feminine nouns or o for masculine nouns.
What does OK mean Portuguese?
European Portuguese: está bem! Romanian: OK! Russian:!
Do I say Obrigado or Obrigada?
So, if you’re a male, you say obrigado, and if you’re a female, you say obrigada – regardless of who you’re talking to.
What is the response to Obrigado?
‘ As Portuguese is a gender-based language, men say ‘obrigado’ with an ‘o’ at the end, and women say ‘obrigada’ with an ‘a’ at the end. This is the rule in any context. Sometime you may hear the more informal ‘ valeu ‘ that translates to ‘cheers’ and is common between friends and in more social situations.
What is the Portuguese national drink?
In a country of exceptional wines and ports, something that is often missed off visitors’ drinking lists is Licor Beirão. It might even be a surprise to some that its slogan ‘O licor de Portugal’ claims to be the national liquor.
What is the language in Portuguese?
wyd? [abbreviation] (como está você?)
How do you say goodnight in Portuguese?
Though “boa noite” literally translates to “good night,” it is used as a greeting and not something to say to someone before they go to bed, like in English.
What does ta mean in Brazil?
ta (está) – This can either be used to shorten está, or it can be used to say, ok. Check out my video on “ah ta”
What is the meaning of esta bem?
noun. welfare [noun] mental and physical health; living conditions. well-being [noun] welfare.
Can girls say Obrigado?
Therefore, the word Obrigado or Obrigada will vary in gender to agree with who is feeling obliged. This is a simple and easy rule to memorize. Guys always say Obrigado. Girls always say Obrigada.
How do you respond to Obrigado in Portuguese?
12 Ways to Say You are Welcome in Brazil in Response to Obrigado/Obrigada
- De nada literally translates to “of nothing”.
- Não foi nada literally translates to “It was nothing”.
- Imagina is a command conjugation (Imperative) of the verb Imaginar (to imagine).
How do you respond to thank you in Portuguese?
And How to Respond to Thank You in Portuguese? Simple. All you need to say is: De nada! or Por nada! That’s the most common form.