- 1 Is there a word for no in Mandarin?
- 2 How do you say no Cantonese?
- 3 Is it rude to say no in China?
- 4 How do you reject someone in Chinese?
- 5 What is mei you in Mandarin?
- 6 How do you say no in Arabic?
- 7 What is yes Cantonese?
- 8 What is hello in Cantonese?
- 9 How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
- 10 How do you indirectly say no?
- 11 What is Italian for no?
- 12 How do you say no people?
- 13 Why is it important for a non Chinese to know how the Chinese say no?
- 14 What is Google Chinese?
- 15 What is the meaning of NO in Spanish?
Is there a word for no in Mandarin?
1. 不是(bùshì) and 不是的(bùshìde) Therefore, it should come as no surprise that negating 是(shì) by adding 不(bù, not; no) is one way to say “no” in Chinese. 3
How do you say no Cantonese?
No in Cantonese: 唔係[m4 hai6] No in Cantonese is 唔係[m4 hai6].
Is it rude to say no in China?
If you’re at all familiar with Chinese language and culture, you may already understand that it’s considered rude to say “no” in Chinese or to directly refuse an offer. In fact, there is no word in Mandarin Chinese that is the exact equivalent to the word “no” in English.
How do you reject someone in Chinese?
How To Politely Decline An Invitation In Chinese
- 1. ” 我们下一次在去吧 (wǒ men xià yī cì zài qù ba)” “Let’s go next time.”
- 2. ” 真的不用(了) zhēn de bù yòng (Le).” “Really, there’s no need.”
- 5. ” 我今天没有空 Wǒ jīn tiān méi yǒu kòng” “I don’t have time today.”
What is mei you in Mandarin?
没有 ( méi yǒu ) in Mandarin means haven’t, hasn’t, doesn’t exist, to not have, and to not be.
How do you say no in Arabic?
The word for No in Arabic is ‘La’, but just knowing ‘La’, isn’t enough, on the surface it may appear a basic word, but it is in fact one of the most important and frequently used words in your Arabic arsenal.
What is yes Cantonese?
To say Yes in Cantonese use 係 (hai6). Remember that in the Chinese language, pronunciation is important so make sure to pronounce it right.
What is hello in Cantonese?
哈囉 is “hello” with a Cantonese pronunciation. We use it to greet people casually, just like you would use “hi” in English. 哈囉，你好呀 (haa1 lo3，nei5 hou2 aa3), meaning “hello,” is usually used when you want to greet someone that you aren’t close with in a friendly way. It’s a more formal Cantonese greeting.
How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
The two most common Cantonese phrases for saying sorry are 對唔住 (deoi3 m4 zyu6) and 唔好意思 (m4 ho2 ji3 si3). They’re applicable to a wide range of circumstances, so learning how to use them to say sorry in learning Cantonese is vital.
How do you indirectly say no?
Examples of how to do this include:
- Hmmm, interesting. Let me think about it, and I’ll let you know.
- I won’t have the time for a month or two.
- Those dates don’t work for me.
- My calendar is already full, but if something opens up, I’ll give you a call.
- I’d like to help you, but I don’t know how.
What is Italian for no?
The Italian words for Yes is Sì, and the Italian word for No is No! Find out how to pronounce them in this free Italian lesson.
How do you say no people?
Here’s how to say no with less stress and guilt—it really can be this simple.
- Just Say “I’m Sorry—I Can’t Do This Right Now”
- Give Yourself Time.
- Say Yes to Something Else.
Why is it important for a non Chinese to know how the Chinese say no?
Second, understanding the Chinese indirect methods of refusal can allow Western business people to apply them to their own conversations and negotiations with the Chinese. By saying no in the Chinese way, the feelings of the Chinese can be spared, allowing for a more effective working relationship.
What is Google Chinese?
Google used its Chinese name, GǔGē (“harvest song”), but it never caught on with Chinese internet users. On April 12, 2006, Google’s Global CEO Eric Schmidt announced Google’s Chinese name as “谷歌” (The Chinese character version of GǔGē) in Beijing.
What is the meaning of NO in Spanish?
In Spanish, you can replace the word no with another word, such as nadie (nobody) or nada (nothing).