What does osiyo mean in Cherokee?
“Osiyo.” In Cherokee, it means “ Hello,” and starting Jan.
How do you say osiyo?
Some people have asked how to pronounce Osiyo It’s OH-see-yo and it’s how we say hello in Cherokee!
How do you say sorry in Cherokee?
ᏍᎩᏙᎵᎨ sgi-dolige – you forgive me, “I’m sorry” (I am asking for you to pardon me, you do it to me.)
What are common Cherokee names?
Butterflies and doves seem peaceful and innocent, while bears and the fox are wise, cunning, and strong.
- Kamama. Meaning: Butterfly.
- Walela. Meaning: Hummingbird.
- Woya. Meaning: Dove.
- Awinita. Meaning: Fawn.
- Salalai. Meaning: Squirrel.
- Tayanita. Meaning: Young Beaver.
- Tsula. Meaning: Fox.
- Inola. Meaning: Black Fox.