- 1 How do you wish someone a happy birthday in Japanese?
- 2 How do you say happy birthday in Japanese casually?
- 3 What does tanjoubi Omedetou mean?
- 4 What is birthday hiragana?
- 5 What is Omedetou?
- 6 What is the meaning of Gozaimasu?
- 7 What are different ways to say happy birthday?
- 8 What is Otanjōbiomedetōgozaimasu?
- 9 How do you say my birthday in Japanese hiragana?
How do you wish someone a happy birthday in Japanese?
Different ways to express Happy Birthday in Japanese. “Birthday” is “tanjoubi” (たんじょうび、誕生日) or “otanjobi” (おたんじょうび、お誕生日) in Japanese. So we simply say “ お誕生日おめでとう!”（Otanjoubi Omedetou) to say Happy Birthday.
How do you say happy birthday in Japanese casually?
お誕生日おめでとう（おたんじょうびおめでとう） — Happy Birthday (Casual)! If you’re a good friend or family member of the person turning a year older, you can save yourself a few syllables and leave off ございます or even the お in 誕生日（たんじょうび）— “birthday.”
What does tanjoubi Omedetou mean?
o-tanjoubi omedetou. Simple and classic, this one means ” happy birthday “, or literally “congratulations on your birthday”.
What is birthday hiragana?
Well, “Birthday” is “ Tanjo-bi (たんじょうび、誕生日)” or “O-tanjo-bi (おたんじょうび、お誕生日)” in Japanese. By adding, “o” at the beginning, it sounds more softer; therefore, many women use it that way.
What is Omedetou?
In Japanese, “ happy birthday ” is written (お) 誕生日 おめでとう (ございます). This is pronounced “(o) tanjoubi omedetou (gozaimasu)”. “tanjobi” (たんじょうび) means “birthday” “omedeto” means “congratulations”
What is the meaning of Gozaimasu?
The word ‘gozaimasu’ is a very polite expression and can roughly be translated as “am,” “is,” or “are” in English. The phrase “ohayo” comes from an adjective, “hayai” meaning “early” and it literally means “it’s early.” So, “ohayo” can take the polite expression “gozaimasu” after that to say it politely.
What are different ways to say happy birthday?
Other Ways to Say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Have a fabulous birthday!
- May all your wishes come true!
- Many happy returns of the day!
- Many more happy returns!
- I wish you a wonderful birthday!
- Have a great one!
- Have a good one!
- I hope you have a fantastic day and a fantastic year to come.
What is Otanjōbiomedetōgozaimasu?
Otanjōbiomedetōgozaimasu. More Japanese words for happy birthday.
How do you say my birthday in Japanese hiragana?
今日は誕生日です 。 きょうはたんじょうびです。 今日は誕生日です。 = Today is my birthday.