- 1 What is a Persian goodbye?
- 2 How do you say goodnight in Farsi?
- 3 What does Chetori mean in Farsi?
- 4 What does Merci mean in Farsi?
- 5 What does Khodahafez mean in Farsi?
- 6 What does Ghorboonet Beram mean?
- 7 What does Baba Joon mean in Farsi?
- 8 What does Eshgham mean?
- 9 What does dokhtar mean in Farsi?
- 10 What does mamnoon mean?
- 11 What does kheili mamnoon mean?
- 12 Is Merci Iranian?
- 13 How do you thank someone in Farsi?
What is a Persian goodbye?
A parting expression that we can use any time of the day to strangers or friends is Khoda hafez, which literally means “May God protect you.” You can think of it as a Persian version of “Goodbye” or “bye bye.”
How do you say goodnight in Farsi?
phrase شب بخیر. good night, Good night.
What does Chetori mean in Farsi?
| Chetori? | چطوری ؟ Fine, thank you | Khubam, Mersi | خوبم ، مرسی
What does Merci mean in Farsi?
Merci / Kheyli mamnoon / Sepâs — Thank you Persian has several ways to say “thank you,” and they’re often used together in combination.
What does Khodahafez mean in Farsi?
Khodahafez is a Persian-language expression that’s used to say goodbye. It’s sometimes written as two words: “khoda hafez” and literally translates as ” God be with you.”
What does Ghorboonet Beram mean?
1) Ghorboonet beram = I will die/destroy myself for you. Used in a sentence: “Merci, ghorboonet beram!” = “Thank you, I’ll die for you!” You can use this phrase literally anywhere, and in Persian, it’s actually used when you’re trying to express how much someone means to you or how much you appreciate the person.
What does Baba Joon mean in Farsi?
Joon is often used after saying someone’s name as a form of respect or affection- baba joon, for example, means father dear, or Sarah joon, is simply Sarah dear. Joonam specifically means my dear.
What does Eshgham mean?
Eshgham means “ my love ” and is another term of affection that can be romantic or not.
What does dokhtar mean in Farsi?
daughter (literally girl)
What does mamnoon mean?
If you are wondering mamnoon ممنون is an Arabic word that means thankful as a state of being. mamnoon can be used as a plain “thank you”. The word has travelled far and is in common use in Farsi, and Afghani variations.
What does kheili mamnoon mean?
you can respond khubam, merci, kheyli mamnoon ( I’m fine, thank you ).
Is Merci Iranian?
Merci is written as مرسی in the Persian alphabet. While it’s not originally Persian and you may be confused on why you’d use French, the word is quite useful, especially in Iran. Say “sepasgozaram”(səpasgɔzaræm).
How do you thank someone in Farsi?
In Persian, “Thank you” is تشکر میکنم Tashakkor Mikonam. The first word, Tashakkor تشکر,means “thanks.” After this comes Mikonam میکنم, meaning “I do thank you.”