- 1 How do the Finns greet?
- 2 How do you say hello in Lapland?
- 3 How do you say basic words in Finnish?
- 4 How do you say good morning casually?
- 5 How do you say hello in Finnish Moi?
- 6 Do and don’ts in Finland?
- 7 Is there a word for please in Finnish?
- 8 How do Finns say happy birthday?
- 9 What can you say instead of good morning?
- 10 What’s the best good morning text?
- 11 How do you text good morning in a cute way?
How do the Finns greet?
Greeting. When meeting, Finns shake hands and make eye contact. Handshakes are brief and firm, and involve no supporting gestures. When greeting, the parties shake hands and make eye contact.
How do you say hello in Lapland?
How do you say “Hello” in Finnish? Say “Hei”. It’s pronounced exactly like the English word “hay”. There’s no situation where this greeting word would not work.
How do you say basic words in Finnish?
Greetings and Small Talk
- Hello: Hei.
- Goodbye: Näkemiin.
- Yes: Kyllä
- No: Ei.
- Thank you: Kiitos.
- You are welcome: Ei kestä
- Excuse me: Anteeksi.
- My name is: Nimeni on
How do you say good morning casually?
How to say hello casually
- ‘Good morning’
- ‘Mornin’ / Morning’
- 4. ‘ Hi/Hi there’
- ‘How’s it goin’ / going? ‘
- ‘How are you? / How are you doing? / How are ya? ‘ –
- ‘Yo/What’s up? ‘
- ‘What’s going on? ‘
How do you say hello in Finnish Moi?
“Moi” and “moikka” are equivalent to “hi” or “hello”, and are used interchangeably with “Hei”, especially among younger people. Another word that’s Finnish for “hello” is terve, which is commonly used by Finns all over the country.
Do and don’ts in Finland?
12 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Finland
- Don’t cover up in the sauna.
- Don’t enter the sauna with the opposite sex.
- Don’t pet the reindeer.
- Don’t assume everyone speaks English.
- Don’t assume everyone wants to talk.
- Don’t feed the wildlife.
- Don’t underdress for the winter.
- Don’t show up unexpectedly at someone’s house.
Is there a word for please in Finnish?
– There is no word for ‘please’ in Finnish – not because Finns are rude, but because they just assume politeness. There is a word which means ‘thank you’, kiitos, which is sometimes used in place of ‘please’, and the other way to indicate politeness is to use the conditional – ‘Would you…’
How do Finns say happy birthday?
Answer and Explanation: In Finnish, the phrase ‘Happy birthday!’ is translated as Hyvää syntymäpäivää!, whose literal meaning is ‘good birthday. ‘ However, it is also common to wish someone a happy birthday by saying Paljon onnea vaan!, which literally means ‘a lot of happiness/luck!’
What can you say instead of good morning?
synonyms for good morning
- buenos dias.
- good morrow.
What’s the best good morning text?
I love waking up next to you everyday. I hope you have a very good morning darling. Morning sunshine, I hope you have a great morning that doesn’t result to a hectic and tiring day! Good morning my love, I am so glad I get to feel your warm embrace, se your angel face, and you’re your sweet voice in the morning.
How do you text good morning in a cute way?
For a text that keeps it simple and sweet:
- “Good morning ☀️!”
- “Hope you slept well last night!”
- “Good morning!
- “You’re pretty cool.
- “Woke up with a smile on my face because I was dreaming about you.”
- “The sun shining into my room this morning isn’t nearly as bright as your smile.”
- “Rise and shine.”