- 1 Is there a word for yes in Chinese?
- 2 What does Shi mean in Mandarin?
- 3 How do you reply to Xie Xie?
- 4 How do you say yes and no in Cantonese?
- 5 What does mei you mean in Chinese?
- 6 What are the basic Chinese words?
- 7 Is in Chinese pinyin?
- 8 Does Shi mean death in Japanese?
- 9 What is Jie Jie?
- 10 What is Xie Xie in English?
- 11 What xie xie ni means?
- 12 What is hello in Cantonese?
- 13 What is yes Cantonese?
Is there a word for yes in Chinese?
1. 是 (shì) One way to say “yes” in Chinese is 是, or shì in pinyin.
What does Shi mean in Mandarin?
The shi (Chinese: 尸; pinyin: shī; Wade–Giles: sh’ih; lit. ‘corpse’) was a ceremonial “personator ” who represented a dead relative during ancient Chinese ancestral sacrifices.
How do you reply to Xie Xie?
不用谢 bú yòng xiè As we know, you should answer ” bu keqi 不客气” (you’re welcome) when someone said “xiè xie” to you. However, many Chinese answered “bu yong xie” instead. “bu yong xie” means “you don’t need to say thank you to me”.
How do you say yes and no in Cantonese?
Yes in Cantonese is 係[hai6]. No in Cantonese is 唔係[m4 hai6].
What does mei you mean in Chinese?
没有 (méi yǒu) in Mandarin means haven’t, hasn’t, doesn ‘t exist, to not have, and to not be.
What are the basic Chinese words?
Basic Mandarin Chinese Words and Phrases
- Hello: Nǐhǎo (Nee how)
- Thank you: Xièxiè (Shieh-shieh)
- You’re welcome: Bù kèqì (Boo kuh-chi)
- Good morning: Zǎo (Zhow)
- Goodnight: Wǎn’ān (One-un)
- My name is…: Wǒ jiào (
- My friend’s name is: Wǒ de péngyǒu jiào…
Is in Chinese pinyin?
是: is, are, am, ye: shì | Definition | Mandarin Chinese Pinyin English Dictionary | Yabla Chinese.
Does Shi mean death in Japanese?
死 (shi) means “death,” and consists of two parts. The top and left line represents a bone and the left side represents a person who is upside down in the ground. It indicates death of the person.
What is Jie Jie?
Jiejie is your elder sister.
What is Xie Xie in English?
Filters. (Chinese, colloquial) Thank you. interjection.
What xie xie ni means?
Chinese term or phrase: xie xie ni. English translation: thank you.
What is hello in Cantonese?
哈囉 is “hello” with a Cantonese pronunciation. We use it to greet people casually, just like you would use “hi” in English. 哈囉，你好呀 (haa1 lo3，nei5 hou2 aa3), meaning “hello,” is usually used when you want to greet someone that you aren’t close with in a friendly way. It’s a more formal Cantonese greeting.
What is yes Cantonese?
To say Yes in Cantonese use 係 (hai6). Remember that in the Chinese language, pronunciation is important so make sure to pronounce it right.