How do you say shut up in Cantonese?
收聲 。 Shut up. gam2 jau6 dim2 aa3.
How do you say shut up smartly?
Synonyms of ‘shut up’
- button it (slang)
- pipe down (slang) Just pipe down and I’ll tell you what I want.
- put a sock in it (British, slang)
- keep your trap shut (slang)
- cut the cackle (informal)
- button your lip (slang)
What does Lo fan mean in Chinese?
Lo Fan is a term the Chinese used to refer to Americans meant as (Barbarian) due to the lack of patience and discipline. —
Why shut up is a bad word?
The phrase is probably a shortened form of “shut up your mouth” or “shut your mouth up”. Its use is generally considered rude and impolite, and may also be considered a form of profanity by some.
Is Tais Toi rude?
Using Not-So-Polite Phrases. Say “Tais-toi” to tell someone to be quiet. This phrase, as well as the other ones in this section, can be considered rude depending on how they’re used. “Tais-toi” isn’t too offensive, but it’s not very polite.
What we can say instead of shut up?
In this page you can discover 31 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for shut up, like: be-quiet, quit chattering, stop talking, hush, hush up, shut, silence, keep-mum, dummy-up, close-up and close.
How do you instantly shut someone up?
Interrupt them as soon as you can.
- Signal that you would like to speak by holding up your hands, opening your mouth, or clapping.
- If they ask to finish their thought, don’t let them continue to steamroll the conversation; interrupt them once they finish their sentence.