- 1 How do you say purple in different languages?
- 2 What are 10 colors in French?
- 3 What Colour is brown in French?
- 4 Is Rouge a color?
- 5 What is Orange called in French?
- 6 What names mean purple?
- 7 What is another name for purple?
- 8 What is the meaning of purple Colour?
- 9 Is Noir a color?
- 10 What does blue mean in France?
- 11 What is the French word for Indigo?
How do you say purple in different languages?
In other languages purple
- American English: purple /ˈpɜrpəl/
- Arabic: أُرْجُوَانِي
- Brazilian Portuguese: roxo.
- Chinese: 紫色的
- Croatian: ljubičast.
- Czech: purpurový
- Danish: purpur.
- Dutch: paars.
What are 10 colors in French?
The most common colors in French
- red – rouge.
- yellow – jaune.
- blue – bleu/bleue.
- green – vert/verte.
- orange – orange.
- white – blanc/blanche.
- black – noir/noire.
- gray – gris/grise.
What Colour is brown in French?
The colors marron (brown) and orange (orange) are invariable.
Is Rouge a color?
Rouge is any kind of red or reddish-colored makeup that’s used for tinting a person’s cheeks.
What is Orange called in French?
Wiktionary: orange → oranger, orange.
What names mean purple?
Here are a few of them.
- Amethyst. This is the name of a purple quartz gemstone and is considered a unisex name.
- Bora. In the Korean language, Bora means ‘purple.
- Calfuray. Calfuray means ‘violet’ in Mapuche.
What is another name for purple?
In this page you can discover 47 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for purple, like: violet, lilac, lavender, plum, royal, purpled, grape, majestic, maroon, magenta and purpurean.
What is the meaning of purple Colour?
Purple combines the calm stability of blue and the fierce energy of red. The color purple is often associated with royalty, nobility, luxury, power, and ambition. Purple also represents meanings of wealth, extravagance, creativity, wisdom, dignity, grandeur, devotion, peace, pride, mystery, independence, and magic.
Is Noir a color?
9. Noir — Black. In addition to the simple description of color, noir (pronunciation) can be a noun for a black person. Un noir thus means a black man and une noire is a black woman.
What does blue mean in France?
One popular interpretation suggests the colors may have also symbolized important people in French history. Blue symbolizes Saint Martin (Martin of Tours), a Christian saint with a shrine in Paris. Red symbolizes Saint Denis, a martyr and saint who was the Bishop of Paris.
What is the French word for Indigo?
indigo → bleu indigo, indigo.