- 1 What does Naisu mean?
- 2 How do you praise in Japanese?
- 3 How do you compliment someone in Japanese?
- 4 What is the cutest Japanese word?
- 5 What is Sugoi?
- 6 What is Ara Ara?
- 7 How do you compliment a singer in Japanese?
- 8 How do you compliment a Japanese guy?
- 9 What is kakoi in Japanese?
- 10 What is Subarashii?
- 11 What is Jouzu in Japanese?
- 12 What is Otokomae in Japanese?
- 13 What is kawaii anime?
- 14 How do you say cute in Japanese slang?
What does Naisu mean?
What does ‘naisu’ (ナイス) mean in Japanese? The word ‘naisu’ (ナイス) is a transliteration of the English word ‘ nice. ‘ Although it can technically be used as an adjective meaning ‘nice,’ ナイス is more commonly used as an interjection to say someone did a good job with something, or that something turned out well.
How do you praise in Japanese?
How to compliment in Japanese
- 素敵 [Suteki] – Fantastic! Beautiful!
- かっこいい [Kakkoii] – Cool!
- かわいい [Kawaii] – Cute!
- すばらしい [Subarashii] – Wonderful!
- 上手 [Jouzu] – You’re good at this!
- 優しい [Yasashii] – You’re so kind!
- 頑張っているね [Ganbatteirune] – You sure are working hard!
- 美味しい [Oishii] – Yummy!
How do you compliment someone in Japanese?
In Japanese, to give someone praise or to give someone a compliment is “ ほめる” or in romaji, homeru. When people think about the idea of giving someone a compliment, they usually think it’s for romantic purposes, but honestly, it’s not!
What is the cutest Japanese word?
かわいい (kawaii) or Cute Pronounced “kawaii,” this popular word means cute.
What is Sugoi?
すごい (Sugoi) is a word that’s typically used when you’re left awestruck out of excitement or feel overwhelmed. This can be for any situation be it good or bad. A similar English expression would go somewhere along the lines of “Oh… Wow”.
What is Ara Ara?
Ara ara (あら あら) is a Japanese expression that is mainly used by older females and means “ My my”, “Oh dear”, or “Oh me, oh my”.
How do you compliment a singer in Japanese?
“Your [singing] voice is lovely.” 歌声がすごく綺麗ですよ 。 This is a strong compliment, rather than a casual remark.
How do you compliment a Japanese guy?
- カッコいい – Kakko ii – Cool or handsome.
- イケメン – Ikemen- Good looking.
- センスがいい – sensu ga ii – Nice sense of clothing/style.
- モテそう – motesou – You seem to be popular with women.
- 似合 にあ ってる – niatteru – Looks good on you.
- 凛々 りり しい 顔立 かおだ ち – riri shii kao dachi – sharp looking face.
What is kakoi in Japanese?
格好（かっこう）- Read as Kakkou 2. いい – Read as Ii. The former refers to the “Appearance” of someone or something whereas the latter is an adjective used to describe something as “Good”. When put together, these 2 words form Kakkoii, of which would be used to describe someone or something as “Good Looking” or “Cool ”.
What is Subarashii?
Subarashii means splendid; glorious; excellent; or superb.
What is Jouzu in Japanese?
Jouzu is often written using Japanese kanji. It looks like this: 上手 The first kanji means “up,” and the second one means “hand.” Therefore, if we put the two together, it means having the “ upper-hand,” or that someone is good at something.
What is Otokomae in Japanese?
English translation: handsome/good-looking.
What is kawaii anime?
The word kawaii is derived from a phrase that refers to blushing but through time the meaning of the word has changed and is nowadays translated to ‘ cute ‘. But kawaii is actually so much more than just cute: it’s a huge part of Japanese culture and can be found in anime, fashion, art, music, lifestyle and more!
How do you say cute in Japanese slang?
Basically, kawaii means “cute” or “pretty”. When you see adorable things like Hello Kitty or Pikachuu, kawaii is uttered. Sometimes kawaii can also be used for something ugly or gross. There are some combined words like busu-kawaii (ugly-cute), kimo-kawaii (gross-cute).