- 1 How do you say jasmine in other languages?
- 2 Is Jasmine a Spanish name?
- 3 How do you say Jasmine in Irish?
- 4 How many ways can you spell Jasmine?
- 5 What’s the meaning of the name Jasmine?
- 6 What is Gelsomino in English?
- 7 How do you say Rose in other languages?
- 8 What does jasmine mean in the Bible?
- 9 What scent is jasmine?
- 10 What is a good Spanish name for a girl?
How do you say jasmine in other languages?
In other languages jasmine
- American English: jasmine /dˈʒæzmɪn/
- Brazilian Portuguese: jasmim.
- Chinese: 茉莉
- European Spanish: jazmín.
- French: jasmin.
- German: Jasmin.
- Italian: gelsomino.
- Japanese: ジャスミン
Is Jasmine a Spanish name?
As a name, Jasmine is of English origin, referring to the plant of the same name. However, in terms of etymology, the word jasmine is of Persian origin (in Persian: Yasmin). It entered the English language through Old French.
How do you say Jasmine in Irish?
Jasmine in Irish is Seasmáin.
How many ways can you spell Jasmine?
Jasmine has many alternate spellings. Among them: Jasmin, Jasmyn, Jasmyne, Jazmin, Jazmine, Jazmyn, and Jazmynn.
What’s the meaning of the name Jasmine?
The name Jasmine is of Persian origin and means “gift from God.” It is derived from the Persian word yasmin, which is used for the flower. People used the scented oils from the flower to make perfume throughout the Persian Empire.
What is Gelsomino in English?
British English: jasmine /ˈdʒæzmɪn/ NOUN. Jasmine is a plant with small white or yellow flowers that have a pleasant smell. American English: jasmine /dˈʒæzmɪn/
How do you say Rose in other languages?
In honor of Valentine’s Day, here’s how to say “rose” in 45 different languages.
- Amharic: “Rozi”
- Arabic: “Airtafae”
- Bangla: “Rōja”
- Belarusian: “P”
- Bosnian: “Ruža”
- Bulgarian: “Roza”
- Burmese: “Nhainnse”
- Chinese: “Méiguī”
What does jasmine mean in the Bible?
Jasmine flower meaning in the bible Jasmine, in many different Christian religions, is a common representation of motherhood. This celebration of motherhood is represented by the jasmine flower, which is pure, beautiful and sweet, a representation of mothers.
What scent is jasmine?
The scent of jasmine is incredibly sensual, rich and sweet. More poetically, jasmine could be described as intoxicating, exotic and intense. While it’s a floral scent, there’s an animalic element to it which might also explain why it’s long been considered an aphrodisiac.
What is a good Spanish name for a girl?
These 10 names are among the top Spanish girl names in Latin America and the United States:
- Sofía. The Spanish form of Sophia means “wisdom” in Greek.
- Valentina. This is the feminine form of Valentine, which is derived from the Roman name Valentinus.