- 1 How do you say basic words in Italian?
- 2 How do you say common phrases in Italian?
- 3 What are some cool Italian words?
- 4 What does Ciao Bella?
- 5 Do Italians say wow?
- 6 How do you introduce yourself in Italy?
- 7 How do you say cheers in Italian drink?
- 8 What is the most popular Italian word?
- 9 What is a famous Italian saying?
- 10 What are the most beautiful Italian words?
- 11 How do you express love in Italian?
- 12 What does Alora mean in Italian?
How do you say basic words in Italian?
Basic Italian phrases
- Yes – Si – See.
- No – No – Noh.
- Please – Per favore – Pehr fah-voh-reh.
- Thank you – Grazie – Grah-tsee-eh.
- You’re welcome – Prego – Preh-goh.
- Cheers! ( To your health) – Salute! – Sah-loo-tay.
- Excuse me (for attention) – Scusi – Skooh–zee.
- Excuse me (to pass by) – Permesso – Pehr-mehs-soh.
How do you say common phrases in Italian?
Basic Italian Phrases
- Buongiorno (Good morning)
- Buona sera (Good evening)
- Buona notte (Good night)
- Ciao (Hi / Hello / Bye)
- Come stai? (How are you?)
- Sto bene. ( I am fine)
- Scusi / Scusa (Excuse me [formal / informal])
- Mi dispiace (I am sorry)
What are some cool Italian words?
19 of your favourite Italian words (and some of ours)
- ALLORA: well, then, so. Let’s start with the obvious.
- LUCCIOLA: firefly.
- DIMENTICO: forgetful or oblivious.
- SFOGARSI: to vent, unload.
- PASSEGGIATA: stroll.
- MASCALZONE: rascal, scoundrel.
- SGONFIATO: deflated.
- PARRUCCHIERE: hairdresser.
What does Ciao Bella?
Ciao bella is an informal Italian expression literally meaning “ goodbye (or hello), beautiful.”
Do Italians say wow?
Ammazza! – This word means ‘wow’, ‘oh my goodness’ or ‘I can’t believe it’. Avoja!
How do you introduce yourself in Italy?
Depending on the context, Italians introduce themselves by saying simply their first name or saying their first name and last name. For example, if you’re at a party, or among a group of young people, it’s okay to just say your first name.
How do you say cheers in Italian drink?
The most popular way of saying cheers in Italian is ‘ cin cin! ‘ (pronounced as ‘chin chin’) but of course, it’s not the only one. We can also say ‘salute! ‘, which literally means “health” and it makes sense since we’re wishing good health.
What is the most popular Italian word?
Common Italian Words
- Pizza = Pizza.
- Year = Anno.
- Yes = Si.
- No = No.
- Thank you = Grazie.
- You’re welcome = Prego.
- Please = Per favore.
- Excuse me = Mi scusi.
What is a famous Italian saying?
Italian common sayings about love and friends La gatta frettolosa ha fatto i gattini ciechi. Haste makes waste. Literally: The hasty cat gave birth to blind kittens. Al povero mancano tante cose, all’avaro tutte.
What are the most beautiful Italian words?
Below is a list of 15 beautiful Italian words that we definitely need in English.
- Mamma mia.
- Salve. From the Latin to ‘be well’.
- Torno subito. Meaning ‘be back soon’.
- Furbo. This means ‘clever’.
- Auguri. Meaning ‘best wishes’.
- Figurati. Meaning ‘imagine’.
- Daje. Meaning ‘come on!
How do you express love in Italian?
10 MORE WAYS TO SAY I LOVE YOU IN ITALIAN
- Amore mio – my love.
- Cuore mio – my heart.
- Tesoro mio – my darling.
- Sei tutto per me – you’re everything to me.
- Ti penso ogni giorno – I think about you every day.
- Sei il grande amore della mia vita – You’re the love of my life.
- Ti amerò sempre – I’ll always love you.
What does Alora mean in Italian?
Allora (so, then, well) is one of those filler words that’s highly useful when thinking of what to say in Italian. It buys you a little time and tells the listener you’re thinking things over, especially when used by itself, or to introduce a sentence.