- 1 How do you say goodbye in Kenya?
- 2 How do you say hello in Swahili?
- 3 How do you say goodnight in Swahili?
- 4 What is hello in Kenyan?
- 5 What are some Swahili words?
- 6 What is Habari Gani?
- 7 What is the meaning of Habari Yako?
- 8 What is Alamsiki in Swahili?
- 9 How do you say cheers in Swahili?
- 10 How do you respond to Habari ya Asubuhi?
- 11 How do you say hi in Africa?
- 12 What is the response to Asante Sana?
- 13 How do you respond to a mambo in Swahili?
How do you say goodbye in Kenya?
“goodbye” in Swahili
- kwa heri.
- kwa herini.
- tuonane tena.
How do you say hello in Swahili?
To say hello in Swahili, say jambo. You can also say hujambo (pronounced hoo-JAHM-boh) if you want to greet someone more formally. Habari (pronounced hah-BAH-ree), which literally translates to “news,” is often used to say hi too.
How do you say goodnight in Swahili?
Goodnight in Swahili
- Usiku mwema (ooSEEkoo mWEma) (Goodnight) – Wa buraha (wa booRAha) (with tranquility)
- lala salama (sleep well / peacefully) – nawe pia (Nawe PEE-a) (you too)
- Ndoto njema (NDOto NJEma) (sweet/good dreams) – Za mafanikio (za mafaneeKEEo) (of prosperity/success)
What is hello in Kenyan?
The most common greeting among those who speak Swahili is ‘Hujambo’ (‘Hello’) or the more colloquial greeting of ‘Jambo’. Both greetings can be responded with the phrase ‘sijambo’, which means ‘I am well’. Other common greetings in contemporary Kenya include ‘sasa’ or ‘Mambo’.
What are some Swahili words?
- Hello: jambo/ hujambo/ salama.
- How are you?: habari gani.
- Fine (response): nzuri.
- Goodbye: kwa heri/ kwa herini (more than one peson)
- See you later: tutaonana.
- Nice to meet you: nafurahi kukuona.
- Goodnight: lala salama.
What is Habari Gani?
During the celebration of Kwanzaa, it is customary to greet friends and family with the Swahili phrase, “Habari gani”, meaning, “What is the news? ” To respond, answer with the principle of the day. (Umoja, for example, is the response given on December 26th.)
What is the meaning of Habari Yako?
Habari yako refers to one person in English it means how are you.
What is Alamsiki in Swahili?
alamsiki. [Kar] ki (kwa usiku) goodbye, goodnight.
How do you say cheers in Swahili?
“cheers” in Swahili
How do you respond to Habari ya Asubuhi?
Most commonly, the answer to the habari greeting is, nzuri (meaning, “good”), but other answers such as salama, nzuri sana, nzuri tu, etc. are also appropriate.
How do you say hi in Africa?
1. Hujambo — “Hello!” A friendly “hujambo” goes a long way. 2. Habari — Also means “hello” or “good morning.” Use this one when speaking with older people.
What is the response to Asante Sana?
So when someone says Asante to you, you can simply reply with: Karibu or Kamwe.
How do you respond to a mambo in Swahili?
Mambo Vipi? How are things? To answer this, you could respond with, ” Salama”, meaning fine, or with Safi or Poa tu, which mean cool.