- 1 How do you say my family in German?
- 2 How do you call family in German?
- 3 What does Famille mean in German?
- 4 Is family in German plural?
- 5 How do you ask someone’s family in German?
- 6 What are grandparents called in German?
- 7 What are different ways to say family?
- 8 How do you say family in Netherlands?
- 9 What is my name in German?
- 10 What are some common German words?
- 11 What is cousin in German?
- 12 What is plural in German?
- 13 What is the article for name in German?
How do you say my family in German?
The word for family in German is die Familie, pronounced “dee Fuh-mil-e-uh.” If you want to say “my family,” you would say meine Familie, since Familie is feminine (die) and the -e ending denotes that.
How do you call family in German?
German vocabulary:: Family members
- Mother Mutter.
- Father Vater.
- Brother Bruder.
- Sister Schwester.
- Son Sohn.
- Daughter Tochter.
- Parents Eltern.
- Children Kinder.
What does Famille mean in German?
1. Family in German – Die Familie. Familie is the German word for “family.” As you can see, the word is more similar to English than you thought.
Is family in German plural?
Familie and alles are not plural words. They define single entities. So, using the singular conjugated verb is perfectly right in these cases.
How do you ask someone’s family in German?
YOU: du – Sie When a German-speaker is asked his or her name, the reply will be the last or family name, not the first name. The more formal question, Wie ist Ihr Name?, as well as the standard Wie heißen Sie?, should be understood as “what is your LAST name?”
What are grandparents called in German?
Opa is the informal German name for grandfather or grandpa.
What are different ways to say family?
- (or kinfolks),
How do you say family in Netherlands?
family → familie, stam, clan, gezin.
What is my name in German?
If you want to say “What is your name?” in German, you would either say, “ Wie heißen sie? ” (formal) or “Wie heißt du?” (informal).
What are some common German words?
10 common German phrases: the basics
- Hallo (Hello)
- Tschüss (Bye)
- Bitte (Please)
- Danke (Thanks)
- Entschuldigung (Excuse me)
- Sorry (Sorry)
- Formal: Können Sie mir helfen?; informal: Kannst du mir helfen? (Can you help me?)
- Formal: Sprechen Sie English?; informal: In Sprichst du Englisch? (Do you speak English?)
What is cousin in German?
The actual German word for cousin is der Vetter. Apart from meaning cousin, Vetter or Vetterin can also be used for a distant relative. In general, though, der Cousin and die Cousine are used most of the time, though.
What is plural in German?
For English speakers, the plural in German is exasperating. We are happy to just add a simple “–s”.
What is the article for name in German?
In German language, there are three definite articles for nouns in singular: der for masculine nouns, die for feminine nouns and das neutral nouns. German native speakers know mostly intuitively what the article of each noun is. However, non-native speakers need to memorize the articles.