- 1 What does Aloha Nui Loa?
- 2 What does Makani Olu Olu e Kai Malie?
- 3 What is a Hawaiian blessing?
- 4 What is the meaning of ohana?
- 5 What is a hui hou kakou?
- 6 What is Aloha Kakou?
- 7 How do you say cheers in Hawaiian?
- 8 How do you say congratulations in Polynesian?
- 9 What does okole Maluna mean?
- 10 What are some Hawaiian sayings?
- 11 What is Maui’s catchphrase?
What does Aloha Nui Loa?
Aloha nui loa (“new ee low a”) or “all my love ” in Hawaiian.
What does Makani Olu Olu e Kai Malie?
Fair winds and following seas: Makani ‘olu’olu e kai malie. Good Luck: Pomaika’i. Happy Anniversary: Hau’oli La Ho’omana’o.
What is a Hawaiian blessing?
A Hawaiian Kahu* is called upon to give the blessing. The blessing, based on traditional Hawaiian belief of kapu*, is used to remove something disturbing that has arisen or has been called down upon a place. Things such as negative energy or curses.
What is the meaning of ohana?
The concept of ‘ohana in Hawai’i is based on something universal: family. For the most part, we all love our children and grandchildren. We love our parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and siblings.
What is a hui hou kakou?
A hui hou kākou ( until we meet again ).
What is Aloha Kakou?
Translation: Hello everyone.
How do you say cheers in Hawaiian?
Kāmau (Ka-Mau) or HipaHipa – Are probably the most common ways to say cheers in Hawaiian as it means cheers. HipaHipa is a popular saying among tourists and locals alike.
How do you say congratulations in Polynesian?
Ho’omaika’i ana, or congratulations in Hawaiian!
What does okole Maluna mean?
ʻŌkole maluna, Hawaiian translation of English toast “bottoms up” [this expression is condemned by older Hawaiians as vulgar and indecent because of the sacredness of the human body in, old belief].
What are some Hawaiian sayings?
10 Hawaiian phrases to learn before you go
- Aloha – Hello. Pronounced a-lo-ha.
- Mahalo – Thank you. Pronounced mah-hah-loh.
- A hui hou – Until we meet again. Pronounced ah-hoo-wee-ho-oo-uu.
- Howzit? – How are you?
- Honu – Green sea turtle. Pronounced hoe-new.
- ‘Ono grinds – Delicious food. Pronounced oh-no grinds.
- Waina – Wine.
- A ‘o ia!
What is Maui’s catchphrase?
Maui— half god, half mortal, all awesome.