How do you say correctly?
Normally, we pronounce the with a short sound (like “thuh”). But when the comes before a vowel sound, we pronounce it as a long “thee”. When we wish to place emphasis on a particular word, we can use “emphatic the” [thee], whether or not the word begins with a consonant or vowel sound.
Do you say comfortable?
COMF-der-ble. Comfortable. To make the Dark L, pull the back part of the tongue back towards the roof of the mouth. You don’t need to worry about bringing the front part of the tongue up if you make the dark sound: ul, ul.
How is Ü pronounced in English?
Ü is often pronounced as /jʊ/ by English speakers, but such pronunciation is not correct in German. To pronounce ü correctly, round your lips as if you were to say “oo” in “cool” or “stool”, but move your tongue to say “ee” (as in “see”) instead (but don’t move your lips).
How do you use correct in a sentence?
Correct sentence example
- At least he had found the correct profession.
- The government operating in its correct role is instrumental to civilization.
- Later, as she looked down at his sleeping form, she was silently cursing the doctor because his diagnosis was correct, but for the wrong partner.
How do you say you are wrong in a polite way?
10 expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing:
- I’m afarid that’s not quite right.
- Actually, I think you’ll find that
- I’m afraid you’re mistaken.
- I don’t think you’re right about
- Actually, I don’t think
- No, you’ve got it wrong.
- No, that’s all wrong.
- Rubbish! / You’re talking rubbish.