- 1 What are 3 ways to say your in French?
- 2 What is the formal way to say your in French?
- 3 Is Mes Parents nous or ILS?
- 4 How do you ask tu or vous?
- 5 What is your name in French?
- 6 Can I use TU with you?
- 7 Do French people still use vous?
- 8 How do you say A in French?
- 9 Is mes amis feminine?
- 10 What is feminine your in French?
- 11 Is Vouloir etre or avoir?
- 12 WHAT IS A in French?
- 13 What are Pronoms Toniques in French?
- 14 What is sommes in French?
What are 3 ways to say your in French?
The equivalent of your in French is ton/ta/tes for someone you call tu, or votre/vos for someone you call vous.
- Possessive adjectives come before the noun they refer to.
- You use mon, ton and son with feminine singular nouns when the following word begins with a vowel.
What is the formal way to say your in French?
Tu becomes ton, ta, tes (“your” in informal masculine, feminine and plural forms respectively) and vous becomes votre, vos (“your” in formal masculine/feminine, plural).
Is Mes Parents nous or ILS?
Ils replaces Mes parents, the subject of the sentence. On is more informal than nous and is often used when chatting to friends.
How do you ask tu or vous?
1. Tu or Vous: When to use them in French (France)
- Tu shows familiarity, closeness.
- Vous shows a respectful distance, deference, not wanting to sound too familiar.
- When in doubt, use vous. You can’t really go wrong!
- You need to ask, be given or give permission to do so.
What is your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
Can I use TU with you?
In French, there are two ways of saying you: tu and vous. “Tu” is only used to address one person, while “vous” is used to address one or more people. As a singular second person pronoun, “vous” is used in more formal contexts while “tu” is more familiar.
Do French people still use vous?
We asked French people from a wide range of ages and experiences and although most of them agreed that the use of vous is decreasing over time, they tended to apply very different rules to their own use of tu and vous.
How do you say A in French?
AI / AIS: Pronounced like the French ‘È. ‘ AIL: Pronounced [ahy], similar to the English “eye.” AN: Pronounced [ah(n)], the ah sounds like à and the n has a nasal sound.
Is mes amis feminine?
French translation: mes amis If it’s an all girl group, it’s mes amies. Mon ami, or Mon amie (feminine).
What is feminine your in French?
To say that something belongs to “you all” or “you guys” in colloquial English, French speakers use votre (your) for both masculine and feminine nouns. For plural nouns, however, you use vos.
Is Vouloir etre or avoir?
The French verb vouloir means “to want” or “to wish.” It is one of the 10 most common French verbs and you will use it just as much as avoir and être.
WHAT IS A in French?
Generally speaking, à means “to,” “at,” or “in,” while de means “of” or “from.” Both prepositions have numerous uses and to understand each better, it is best to compare them. Learn more about the preposition à.
What are Pronoms Toniques in French?
Pronoms disjoints / Pronoms toniques. As indicated by the name, stressed pronouns (also known as disjunctive pronouns and emphatic pronouns) are used for emphasis. Stressed pronouns exist in English, but they are not always used in the same ways or for the same reasons as French stressed pronouns.
What is sommes in French?
Well, as a noun, sommes is the plural of somme, which is the French word for sum, so the flashcard is technically correct (unless it said it was a verb).