- 1 What is the longest word in the world that takes 3 hours to say?
- 2 Can you pronounce the longest word in English?
- 3 How do you pronounce the longest word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- 4 Is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis the longest word in English?
- 5 What is the shortest word?
- 6 What is the full name for titin?
- 7 What are the 5 longest words?
- 8 How do you pronounce GIF?
- 9 What is the most beautiful word in the world?
What is the longest word in the world that takes 3 hours to say?
You will be surprised to know that the longest word in English has 1, 89,819 letters and it will take you three and a half hours to pronounce it correctly. This is a chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.
Can you pronounce the longest word in English?
Start by saying “ pneumono” as “new-moh-no.” Remember that the letter P in “pneumono” is silent when you read it out loud. Articulate each syllable of the root so you can sound it out completely. You may also use the “mah” sound in place of “moh” depending on how you want to pronounce the word.
How do you pronounce the longest word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis Pronunciation It is pronounced pneu·mo·no·ul·tra·mi·cro·scop·ic·sil·i·co·vol·ca·no·co·ni·o·sis.
Is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis the longest word in English?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What is the shortest word?
Eunoia, at six letters long, is the shortest word in the English language that contains all five main vowels. Seven letter words with this property include adoulie, douleia, eucosia, eulogia, eunomia, eutopia, miaoued, moineau, sequoia, and suoidea.
What is the full name for titin?
Wikipedia’s says that it’s ” Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl isoleucine” (ellipses necessary), which is the “chemical name of titin, the largest known protein.” Also, there’s some dispute about whether this is really a word.
What are the 5 longest words?
Here’s how Merriam-Webster defines the ten longest words in the English language.
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
- Antidisestablishmentarianism (28 letters)
- Honorificabilitudinitatibus (27 letters)
- Thyroparathyroidectomized (25 letters)
- Dichlorodifluoromethane (23 letters)
- Incomprehensibilities (21 letters)
How do you pronounce GIF?
“It’s pronounced JIF, not GIF.” Just like the peanut butter. “The Oxford English Dictionary accepts both pronunciations,” Wilhite told The New York Times. “They are wrong. It is a soft ‘G,’ pronounced ‘jif.
What is the most beautiful word in the world?
“Cellar Door” One of the most famous theories comes from Lord of the Rings author J.R.R. Tolkien, who proposed in a 1955 speech that “cellar door” is the most beautiful word (or phrase) in the English language.