- 1 How do you reply to thank you in Malay?
- 2 How do you say hello in Malay?
- 3 How do you say thank you in Kuala Lumpur?
- 4 How do you spell thank you in Bahasa?
- 5 How do you say goodnight in Malay?
- 6 What is a prompt reply?
- 7 Is Malay difficult to learn?
- 8 What does Kuala mean in Malay?
- 9 What is your name in Malay?
- 10 Can you wear shorts in Malaysia?
- 11 Is Malay a language?
- 12 How do you say thank you so much?
- 13 How do you say yes in Bahasa?
How do you reply to thank you in Malay?
Responding to someone’s thank you by saying your welcome, or in Malay, sama-sama, is a basic form of manners, courtesy, and respect. So, when a person says terima kasih, don’t forget to say “sama-sama” back in return!
How do you say hello in Malay?
Common Malay Greetings And How To Pronounce It
- Hello/Hai (Hello/Hi)
- Apa khabar? (How are you?)
- Selamat pagi (Good morning)
- Selamat tengahari (Good afternoon)
- Selamat petang (Good evening)
- Selamat malam (Good night)
- Selamat tinggal/Babai (Goodbye/Bye)
How do you say thank you in Kuala Lumpur?
Thank you = Terima kasih.
How do you spell thank you in Bahasa?
Terima kasih is the English equivalent of ‘Thank you’. Say it as often as you deem fit, it reflects positively on you as a polite and friendly person. ‘Banyak’ is ‘many / much’ in Bahasa Indonesia. By saying ‘Terima Kasih Banyak’, it almost translates literally to ‘Thank you much’.
How do you say goodnight in Malay?
Good Night: Selamat Malam (sounds like “mah-lahm”)
What is a prompt reply?
(a) prompt (response, reply): (a) swift, quick, efficient, speedy, immediate (response, reply) adjective. I would appreciate a prompt reply so that I can take action immediately. I expect a reply within the next day.
Is Malay difficult to learn?
Malay Is Very Easy To Learn! Undoubtedly, it’s one of the easiest languages to learn, acquire, and internalize, especially for English speakers. Let’s take Malay as an example — it’s absolutely the easiest language to learn. The words, vocabulary, and spoken aspects can be acquired in just a few months.
What does Kuala mean in Malay?
Kuala Lumpur means ” muddy confluence” in Malay; Kuala is the point where two rivers join together or an estuary, and lumpur means “mud”.
What is your name in Malay?
Malay translation: Siapakah nama awak? English term or phrase: whats your name?
Can you wear shorts in Malaysia?
Malaysia is a multicultural country; however, its majority is Muslim. As such, clothing items such as short skirts and singlets should be avoided.
Is Malay a language?
The most polite way to say goodbye is to say “ Titiang lungsur mapamit dumun,” which translates to “I’m taking leave now.” This is generally used for people who are highly respected or of a high caste. Alternative farewells include “Pamit dumun,” “Pamit,” “Ngiring dumun,” and “Ngiring.”
How do you say thank you so much?
Other Ways to Say “Thank You So Much” and “Thank You Very Much” in Writing
- 1 Thank you for all your hard work on this.
- 2 Thanks again, we couldn’t have pulled this off without you.
- 3 Thank you, you’re amazing!
- 4 I’m so thankful for everything you bring to the table.
- 5 Thank you kindly.
- 6 Thanks a million.
- 7 Many thanks.
How do you say yes in Bahasa?
How To Say Yes In Malay
- 1) Ya — The formal yes.
- 2) Baik — Sure.
- 3) Boleh — Sure/Can. This particular word is rather colloquial in usage.
- 4) OK. This one is definitely self-explanatory.
- 5) Ha’ah — Yup.
- 1) Setuju — Agree.
- 2) Betul — True/That’s Right.
- 3) Mungkin — Maybe/Perhaps.