- 1 What are the Spanish days of the week?
- 2 Why is Tuesday called Martes in Spanish?
- 3 What are the 12 months in Spanish?
- 4 What is your name in Spanish?
- 5 Where do accent marks go in Spanish?
- 6 What four words mean the in Spanish?
- 7 Why Tuesday is called Tuesday?
- 8 What are the Spanish numbers?
- 9 Is Miercoles named after Mercury?
What are the Spanish days of the week?
Introducing the Spanish days of the week – and an ingenious way to remember them
- Monday – lunes. Monday comes from the word “moon” in German.
- Tuesday – martes. In English, Tuesday is named after Tyr, the Norse god of war.
- Wednesday – miércoles.
- Thursday – jueves.
- Friday – viernes.
- Saturday – sábado.
- Sunday – domingo.
Why is Tuesday called Martes in Spanish?
Tuesday – martes “Tuesday” in Spanish is martes, and it comes from the dies Martis, or Mars, the Roman god of war. This is different than in English. “Tuesday” stems from the Norse god, Tyr. Both were gods of war, though, so if you’re interested in mythology, remember Tuesday is the god of war’s day.
What are the 12 months in Spanish?
Enero, febrero, marzo, abril, mayo, junio, julio, agosto, septiembre, octubure, noviembre, diciembre.
What is your name in Spanish?
What’s your name? = ¿Cómo te llamas?
Where do accent marks go in Spanish?
Spanish accents (tildes) can only be written over the five vowels (a, e, i, o, u), and the accent is written from lower left to upper right: á, é, í, ó, ú. In Spanish, an accent mark over one vowel of some word, indicates that the vowel is stressed.
What four words mean the in Spanish?
In English, there is only one definite article: the. In Spanish, you have to choose between four definite articles: el, la, los and las.
Why Tuesday is called Tuesday?
Tuesday gets its name from the Anglo-Saxon’s god of war Tiu, also known as Tyr to the Vikings. The Romans named their third day of the week after their god of war, Mars. That is why romantic languages like Spanish, French and Italian all have similar names for Tuesday: martes, mardi, and martedi.
What are the Spanish numbers?
Here are the Spanish numbers:
Is Miercoles named after Mercury?
Astrology. The astrological sign of the planet Mercury, ☿, represents Wednesday— Dies Mercurii to the Romans, it had similar names in Latin-derived languages, such as the Italian mercoledì (dì means “day”), the French mercredi, and the Spanish miércoles.