- 1 How do you say stop it in Cantonese?
- 2 Do Chinese say no?
- 3 How is EI pronounced in Chinese?
- 4 How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
- 5 How do you indirectly say no?
- 6 What is mei you in Mandarin?
- 7 What is your name in Chinese?
- 8 What does Shuo mean in English?
- 9 What does SHUP mean?
- 10 How do I write my name in Chinese?
- 11 What is a correct pronunciation?
How do you say stop it in Cantonese?
停呀 ！ Stop it. m4 hou2 zoi3 gong2.
Do Chinese say no?
If you’re at all familiar with Chinese language and culture, you may already understand that it’s considered rude to say “no” in Chinese or to directly refuse an offer. In fact, there is no word in Mandarin Chinese that is the exact equivalent to the word “no” in English.
How is EI pronounced in Chinese?
Mandarin’s ei sounds like the “ei” in the English word “vein.” This is a common vowel sound you will hear in the following syllables: bei, pei, mei, fei, dei, nei, lei. Finally, the Mandarin e can make another separate sound in the syllable er.
How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
The two most common Cantonese phrases for saying sorry are 對唔住 (deoi3 m4 zyu6) and 唔好意思 (m4 ho2 ji3 si3). They’re applicable to a wide range of circumstances, so learning how to use them to say sorry in learning Cantonese is vital.
How do you indirectly say no?
Examples of how to do this include:
- Hmmm, interesting. Let me think about it, and I’ll let you know.
- I won’t have the time for a month or two.
- Those dates don’t work for me.
- My calendar is already full, but if something opens up, I’ll give you a call.
- I’d like to help you, but I don’t know how.
What is mei you in Mandarin?
没有 ( méi yǒu ) in Mandarin means haven’t, hasn’t, doesn’t exist, to not have, and to not be.
What is your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, we use the following question to ask someone’s full name. 你叫什么名字？ (Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?) What’s your name? If you want to ask this question with respect or at a formal occasion, you can say “请问你叫什么名字？ (Qǐngwèn nǐ jiào shénme míngzi?)
What does Shuo mean in English?
说 ( shuo / shuō ) (English translation: “to say”) as Chinese character including stroke order, Pinyin phonetic script, pronunciation in Mandarin, example sentence and English meaning.
What does SHUP mean?
(UK, slang) Eye dialect spelling of shut up. – That shirt looks well bad. – Shup mate!
How do I write my name in Chinese?
One of the most common ways to give your name is by saying 我叫… followed by your first name. Please note here that you can’t say 我叫 to give your surname. That would be 我姓… (wǒ xìng…).
What is a correct pronunciation?
Pronunciation is the way in which a word or a language is spoken. This may refer to generally agreed-upon sequences of sounds used in speaking a given word or language in a specific dialect (“correct pronunciation”) or simply the way a particular individual speaks a word or language.