- 1 How do you say oasis in different languages?
- 2 How do you say Galaxy in different languages?
- 3 How do you say Luna in different languages?
- 4 What is the synonym of Oasis?
- 5 What do you mean by Oasis?
- 6 What is the Latin word galaxy?
- 7 What is the Greek word for galaxy?
- 8 What is the Milky Way called in other languages?
- 9 What are names that mean moon?
- 10 What does sanctum mean in English?
- 11 Is Mirage a French word?
- 12 What is a antonym for oasis?
How do you say oasis in different languages?
In other languages oasis
- American English: oasis /oʊˈeɪsɪs/
- Arabic: وَاحَةٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: oásis.
- Chinese: 绿洲
- Croatian: oaza.
- Czech: oáza.
- Danish: oase.
- Dutch: oase.
How do you say Galaxy in different languages?
In other languages galaxy
- American English: galaxy /ˈgæləksi/
- Brazilian Portuguese: galáxia.
- Chinese: 星系
- European Spanish: galaxia.
- French: galaxie.
- German: Galaxis.
- Italian: galassia.
- Japanese: 星雲
How do you say Luna in different languages?
In other languages luna
- American English: moon /ˈmun/
- Arabic: قَمَرٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: lua.
- Chinese: 月亮
- Croatian: mjesec.
- Czech: Měsíc nebeské těleso.
- Danish: måne.
- Dutch: maan.
What is the synonym of Oasis?
watering hole, watering place, water hole, spring. Australian gnamma, claypan. 2’a miniature woodland that offers a cool oasis in a hot summer’ refuge, haven, safe haven, retreat, sanctuary, sanctum, shelter, resting place, hiding place, harbour, asylum, hideaway, hideout. tenebrous.
What do you mean by Oasis?
Full Definition of oasis 1: a fertile or green area in an arid region (such as a desert) The caravan stopped to rest at an oasis. 2: something that provides refuge, relief, or pleasant contrast The small park is a welcome oasis amid the city’s many factories.
What is the Latin word galaxy?
The longer version of that story is this: galaxy (which in Middle English was spelled galaxias or galaxie) was borrowed from Late Latin galaxias, which in turn was borrowed from Greek galaxías. The galax part of the word is from Greek galakt-, which is the stem of gála, meaning “milk.”
What is the Greek word for galaxy?
A galaxy is a gravitationally bound system of stars, stellar remnants, interstellar gas, dust, and dark matter. The word is derived from the Greek galaxias (γαλαξίας), literally “milky”, a reference to the Milky Way.
What is the Milky Way called in other languages?
Latin Via Lactea, or “Milky Way,” a translation of the Greek. This nickname travels through Latin, through the Romance language and beyond. Some version of “Milky Way” is used in Basque, Bosnian, Czech, Dutch, French, Polish, Portugeuse, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Welsh, and, of course, English.
What are names that mean moon?
25 Baby Names That Mean Moon
- Apollo. Yes, it’s a reference to the handsome son of Zeus, but this name also pays tribute to the NASA space program that landed the first-ever humans on the moon.
- Callisto. One of the moons of Jupiter, this gender-neutral name also means “most beautiful.”
What does sanctum mean in English?
1: a sacred place. 2: a place where one is free from intrusion an editor’s sanctum the inner sanctums of research. Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About sanctum.
Is Mirage a French word?
Mirage was borrowed into English at the dawn of the 19th century from the French verb mirer ( “to look at” ), which also gave us the word mirror. Mirer in turn derives from Latin mirari (“to wonder at”).
What is a antonym for oasis?
Opposite of a pleasant or peaceful area or period in the midst of a difficult or hectic place or situation. hellhole. inferno. quagmire. swamp.