- 1 Is there a word for please in Chinese?
- 2 How do you ask politely in Chinese?
- 3 How do you say common phrases in Chinese?
- 4 What does Shuo mean in Chinese?
- 5 What is your surname in Mandarin?
- 6 What is hello in Cantonese?
- 7 How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
- 8 How do you reply to Xie Xie?
- 9 How can I learn Mandarin fast?
- 10 What is the hardest language to learn?
Is there a word for please in Chinese?
How do you say “please” in Chinese? When using it in a sentence you would use 请 qǐng. When you want to say please in the sense of “please, I beg you” you could do it by saying 拜 bài 托 tuō.
How do you ask politely in Chinese?
In Chinese, when you want to know someone’s name, you can say “ Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi? ” It means “what’s your name?” In this sentence, “jiào” is a verb, which means ‘be called”.
How do you say common phrases in Chinese?
Basic Mandarin Chinese Words and Phrases
- Hello: Nǐhǎo (Nee how)
- Thank you: Xièxiè (Shieh-shieh)
- You’re welcome: Bù kèqì (Boo kuh-chi)
- Good morning: Zǎo (Zhow)
- Goodnight: Wǎn’ān (One-un)
- My name is…: Wǒ jiào (
- My friend’s name is: Wǒ de péngyǒu jiào…
What does Shuo mean in Chinese?
Strokes Grammar notes. 说 Trad. 說 shuō to speak to say to explain to scold to tell off a theory (usually in compounds such as 日心说heliocentric theory)
What is your surname in Mandarin?
There is a way of how to ask what’s your name in Chinese if you specifically wan to ask someone’s last name. People’s name are made of a first name, and a last name. For people that you want to be polite with, instead of asking their name, you can ask their last name instead. 你姓什么 is a relatively casual way to ask a
What is hello in Cantonese?
哈囉 is “hello” with a Cantonese pronunciation. We use it to greet people casually, just like you would use “hi” in English. 哈囉，你好呀 (haa1 lo3，nei5 hou2 aa3), meaning “hello,” is usually used when you want to greet someone that you aren’t close with in a friendly way. It’s a more formal Cantonese greeting.
How do you say sorry in Cantonese?
The two most common Cantonese phrases for saying sorry are 對唔住 (deoi3 m4 zyu6) and 唔好意思 (m4 ho2 ji3 si3). They’re applicable to a wide range of circumstances, so learning how to use them to say sorry in learning Cantonese is vital.
How do you reply to Xie Xie?
不用谢 bú yòng xiè As we know, you should answer ” bu keqi 不客气” (you’re welcome) when someone said “xiè xie” to you. However, many Chinese answered “bu yong xie” instead. “bu yong xie” means “you don’t need to say thank you to me”.
How can I learn Mandarin fast?
Easy as ABC: 8 Foolproof Tips for Learning Chinese Faster
- Identify Short-term and Long-term Goals.
- Choose Between Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Make a Daily Learning Schedule.
- Use FluentU to Master Pinyin Basics.
- Find Activities That Combine Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing.
What is the hardest language to learn?
The Hardest Languages To Learn For English Speakers
- Mandarin Chinese. Interestingly, the hardest language to learn is also the most widely spoken native language in the world.