- 1 What is the formal way to say my name is in French?
- 2 What does the French phrase Je M Appelle mean?
- 3 How many ways can you say my name is in French?
- 4 What do we call I am a girl in French?
- 5 Can you say Enchante to a man?
- 6 Is N silent in Bonjour?
- 7 What is Bonsoir?
- 8 How do you say but you can call me in French?
- 9 What is Je Suis?
- 10 Can I say je suis name?
- 11 What’s your last name in French?
What is the formal way to say my name is in French?
2) The most formal way “ Mon nom est… ”, pronounced “mohn nohm ay”, literally means “my name is…”. This expression is not as used as “Je m’appelle…”.
What does the French phrase Je M Appelle mean?
Literally meaning “I call myself”.
How many ways can you say my name is in French?
Telling Others Your Name. Use the basic je m’appelle (zhuh mah-pehl) in most situations. This is the standard way to say “my name is” in French, and is appropriate in any occasion. The verb appeller means “to call,” so the phrase literally means “I call myself.”
What do we call I am a girl in French?
je suis un/une.
Can you say Enchante to a man?
yes, they would, as “enchanté!” is more or less short for ” je suis enchanté de faire votre connaissance ” so a woman would say “enchantée”, and a man “enchanté”!
Is N silent in Bonjour?
“Bonjour” means hello in French. Be careful with the pronunciation of the nasal vowel “on” in “bonjour” (you don’t have to pronounce the N like in an English word). Be careful with the “r “ sound too, which is also very different from English,: it’s like a gargling type sound in the throat.
What is Bonsoir?
Originating in the 15th century, bonsoir comes from the latin “bonus serus”, meaning “good” and “later” so means not only saying goodbye to someone, but also wishing them a good evening.
How do you say but you can call me in French?
How do you say this in French (France)? “my name is. but you can call me” mon nom est mais tu peux m’appeler
What is Je Suis?
As you probably know, je suis means ‘ I am ‘.
Can I say je suis name?
Introducing yourself Introduce yourself. The two most common ways to introduce yourself are to say Je m’appelle Name (My name is Name) or Je suis Name (I’m Name). Since you are meeting the person for the first time, you should use the formal form of you.
What’s your last name in French?
What is your surname? Quel est votre nom de famille? What is your surname? Son nom de famille?