How do you say basic phrases in Thai?
Basic Thai Phrases
- Hello – Sawadee khrup/ka.
- Yes – Chai (khrup/ka)
- No – Mai (khrup/ka)
- Maybe – Aaj ja (khrup/ka)
- Thank you – khop khun (khrup/ka)
- Sorry/excuse me – Khor thoad khrup/ka.
- Where is the restroom– Hong nam yoo tee nai khrup/ka?
- I need a doctor- Phom dong gaan hai mor maa raak sa khrup/ka.
What does Krai mean in Thai?
‘krai’ – is the Thai word for ‘who’. Unlike most Thai question words, this one is usually placed at the start of a question.
What does Jing Jing mean in Thai?
The root word is จริง, which means ‘true’ or ‘real’. จริง Jing1. If you repeat the word twice, it means ‘really! ‘, ‘ seriously ‘, or ‘I’m telling the truth.
What is Sawadee ka?
1. Sawadee krap/ka: Hello. A cheery greeting can go a long way in the Land of Smiles. Sawadee krap/ka will often be met with a huge grin! You can use the same phrase to bid someone goodbye too.
How do you apologize in Thai?
If you want to say sorry in the Thai Language, the most common way is saying ขอโทษ (kŏr tôht). You can use kŏr tôht to mean “excuse me”, “sorry”, “apologies”. Keep in mind, that if you are a female add Ka at the end of sentences, and if you are a guy add krap at the end of the sentence.
How do you say goodnight in Thai?
ฝันดีนะ (fan dii na) is a commonly used wording to say “good night” in Thai. It can be used amongst family members, couples, and friends.
What is a moo in Thailand?
Perhaps the most notable is the ‘Muban’ (หมู่บ้าน), also known as a ‘Moo’ (หมู่). This can be translated as village in English. They are the smallest division, and there are about 74,944 overall in the country.
What language is Thai derived from?
Thai is the most spoken of over 60 languages of Thailand by both number of native and overall speakers. Over half of its vocabulary is derived from or borrowed from Pali, Sanskrit, Mon and Old Khmer. It is a tonal and analytic language, similar to Chinese and Vietnamese.