- 1 What is the Spanish word for to skate?
- 2 What is the verb for ice skating?
- 3 Is ice skating 2 words?
- 4 What is ice skating slang?
- 5 How would you describe ice skating?
- 6 What do you want drink in Spanish?
- 7 What is the word for writing in Spanish?
- 8 How do you say skateboard in Mexico?
- 9 Is ice-skating 1 word?
- 10 What part of speech is ice skates?
- 11 How is ice-skating good for your health?
- 12 Is ice skate a noun or verb?
- 13 Is ice skating hyphenated?
- 14 How did ice skating start?
What is the Spanish word for to skate?
patinar – to skate, to skid, to slip, to slip up, to blunder.
What is the verb for ice skating?
verb (used without object), ice-skat·ed, ice-skat·ing. to skate on ice.
Is ice skating 2 words?
Ice-skating is also a noun. I love watching ice-skating on television.
What is ice skating slang?
slang Smoking or being intoxicated by smoking crystal meth (methamphetamine hydrochloride). A reference to the ice-like appearance of the drug.
How would you describe ice skating?
Ice skating is a sport in which people slide over a smooth ice surface on steel-bladed skates. Millions of people skate in those parts of the world where the winters are cold enough. Although most people ice-skate for recreation and exercise, skating for form and speed is a highly competitive international sport.
What do you want drink in Spanish?
Spanish Phrase – What do you want to drink? – ¿Qué Quieres Tomar?
What is the word for writing in Spanish?
[ˈraɪtɪŋ ] 1. (= handwriting) letra f. I can’t read your writing no entiendo tu letra.
How do you say skateboard in Mexico?
- votes. Solo te faltaba ” el patinete” posted by melipiru.
- vote. la tabla and monopatín both mean a skateboard (though the 1st one is more colloquial) andar and montar goes well with monopatín.
- vote. check this skateboard thread I’ve always heard “andar en patineta” from Mexicans for riding a skateboard.
Is ice-skating 1 word?
If you go ice-skating, you move about on ice wearing ice-skates. Ice-skating is also a noun.
What part of speech is ice skates?
ICE SKATE ( noun ) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
How is ice-skating good for your health?
Skating works nearly every muscle group in the body, and gliding requires synchronized movement of the legs, which is important for joint flexibility. It also builds up the leg and abdominal muscles. Like any workout, skating is great for cardiovascular health – it gets blood pumping and the heart rate up.
Is ice skate a noun or verb?
ice skate ( noun )
Is ice skating hyphenated?
Compound verbs are hyphenated when two nouns are joined to create a verb: ice-skate, court-martial.
How did ice skating start?
Ice skating probably developed in Scandinavia as early as 1000 bce, the first skates being made from shank or rib bones of elk, oxen, reindeer, and other animals. It is not known when the metal runner was introduced, but early Dutch prints depict skates with metal blades.